anemones2

I did read it's homepage, but still.

What is it actually useful for?

does it make webcontent visually better? faster to access? or what

• Replies 5
  • Views 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is similar to Flash as it has been stated several times. Truthfully it is, its own plug-in.. Just like Flash it can be used to design websites and feature rich content and applications... I have a Facebook Client which runs on Silverlight.. I have been to sites which offer content.. quite cool actually.. I have seen quite a bit done with..

It will not all of a sudden add functionality to items already existing but may widen the scope of content offered... and the dynamic ability for that content to be used in many ways.. which can relate to end user accessibility and ease of developer integration..

Best way is to go the main site.. without it.. then go back and view use some f the samples and examples.. then compare that to script-based and flash-based applications... On the developer side and how this can work into the tools used to create and write these sites and apps.. it can mean a whole new world opening which may have not been an option before..

Perfect - thank you.

Webroot av as installed it. But I wasn't sure its purpose.

Flash doesn't have a folder in my Programs file, but I'm sure it is furthur integrated.

It probably installed the Utility as aposed to the application; flash might be an add on, if you don't have the software version for creating these sorts of things.

I came across it before, but still am not sure I need nor want it.

Thanks again for such a thorough reply.

^_^

Perfect - thank you.

Webroot av as installed it. But I wasn't sure its purpose.

Flash doesn't have a folder in my Programs file, but I'm sure it is furthur integrated.

It probably installed the Utility as aposed to the application; flash might be an add on, if you don't have the software version for creating these sorts of things.

I came across it before, but still am not sure I need nor want it.

Thanks again for such a thorough reply.

^_^

As a matter of fact, you do have the Flash folder in Program Files, in the Adobe folder (considering, that you have Flash installed, if not, then, yes, you don't, lol)

O, right, if you has Flash only installed on FF, then you don't have a Program Files folder, yes, :D Forgot that, :P (I might not know, what I am talking about, lol)

Yeah.. and Flash installs into C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\ - stuff here -... you also have a file or too that can be found in Browser Directories or in the plugins folder..( NPSWF32.dll ) Useful when your cleaning out remnants and finding several versions installed..

Archived