cFosSpeed 6.04 Build 1753 Final

jalaffa

• Administrator

Box_cFSTR2.0 is added on frontpaged (probably by jalaffa :) ).

• Replies 48
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone have a mirror to this..( main program ) still using the old type.. so I loop back to my own server every time I try to download the program..( I know it sounds lazy.. hosts edit and all ) Not for sure if I am going to update or not but I need t keep the most recent version up to date.. :)

Does anyone have a mirror to this..( main program ) still using the old type.. so I loop back to my own server every time I try to download the program..( I know it sounds lazy.. hosts edit and all ) Not for sure if I am going to update or not but I need t keep the most recent version up to date.. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if I can`t help you but already posted a mirror (mediafire ) that was deleted...when I was :sleep: ). Go to Coders Corner and download from there or, if you prefer :secret: , I can send you privately . ... and a :chug: --» That`s coffee , not black beer... :D

• Administrator

Thank You...DK.. saved me some work.. :thumbsup:

Always welcome. :)

When I was mirroring, I noticed v600 of cFosSpeed in my mediafire account. This made me remember that even others have had problems accessing cFosSpeed and IDM websites in past. Of course your reason of the problem is different...

Yeah I actually used the old method in ver.5... :rolleyes: Host file entries which loops cfos.de back to 127.0.0.1.. kept wondering why I was seeing my own error pages..

• Administrator

:)

BTW, I'm facing a weird problem right from v5. My max upload speed is 25KB/s (1/5th of my download speed). Now because of that, I'm seeding my torrents (who said that you can't have a ratio of 2.0 on public tracker only torrents user's computer that has such a bad speed? :P ). Where I was, because I'm seeding all the time, my uTorrent is always on. But sometimes I've seen, after a DC, cFos limits uTorrent's upload rate to 5-10KB/s. I disable traffic shaping, it's back to 25KB/s, I enable it again, it's back to 5-10KB/s. I have to restart uTorrent to get it working properly again. I've calibrated almost a 50 times. :frusty:

I would try three things, one at a time to see if it has any effect next time it happens..

• Favour Ping Time

• Strict RTP Checks

• Activate Firewall

One of those three may have something to do with it.. Plus in a DC.. your IP ( can ) change.. so in some way it could possibly be messing with one of these options..That would be my best first bet.. Also check to make sure you have the first three options.. for variable, so on.. chosen correctly for your network setup...

EDIT: Could very possibly be something that uT is doing that isn't setting well with cFos as far as packets are concerned.. plus uT could be querying old routes.. so back packets.. which still consume bandwidth.. but actually do nothing.. that cFos is dropping..

• Administrator

Well, this is how it looks. I do fear that doing anything else would hurt my connection, but somehow didn't thought about trying it when the problem occurs. :mellow:

Might want to try turning off Layer 7 Detection.. it actually could be slowing it down.. by analyzing the data.. and on a load of connections.. I was thinking that those three I mentioned could be turned on...but turning one of them on could help.. Like favoring ping time.. that is going to be one of those things you have to sort out one thing at a time..

I would look at your prioritization as well... make sure nothing is gone crazy there... system could be favoring connection on another protocol instead... squeezing up your uT.. several things.. that go on with a new connection.. If I had it happen to me.. I could probably .. over time work it out.. BUT it could be in uT or something simple with cFos.. like I mentioned above.. about the only thing I can think of off the top of my head...

Have you ever tried randomizing your uT port after something like this? A DC.. could trip cFos into thinking that bad packets are coming in .. and therefore block necessary packets for the new connection to make proper connections.. I am flying sort-of blind at this point.. but sort of like accepting certain types of connection from your DNS Server.. but blocking other queries.. making each connection take longer or even not make connection because of old informations.. Might try flushing your DNS Cache too..

• Administrator

@heath28m: Will try things as soon as the problem occurs again. :)

@Warrior: Just use this latest fix and click on manual. Then click on automatic again. I hope this does it.

Well I upgraded to 6 just like a few seconds ago... Do I need to remove the cfos.de from the Hosts file.. or leave it using the key? I forgot about using HostsMan.. I think I had it turned off when I ran the key validation but without doing a thing.. it still showed to be in .. I had one invalidate because it couldn't connect out .. is the reason I am asking..

• Administrator

Not sure about the key thingy. I think you should try the TR, will save you some space on the hosts file.

Well.. all due condolences.. ( or w/e ) to everyone.. but I hate the reset thing.. I actually really hate the trial thing to be honest..last time I used it.. I had like 15 days each time.. one of the reasons I stayed with ver.5 for so long.. and it really has been quite some time for people to create a working key... ( must be some trick.. ) but yeah thats why.. ( plus I only have 14 entries.. cfos is only two of them.. LOL

• Administrator

Well, just for keeps, you need to run the TR only once, it will auto restart on every startup, and no AV or HIPS has been able to detect it/stop it on startup. :D

The trial has 30 days and the TR makes it back to 30 on every startup.

Guys how do I uninstall the previous trial reset. I can't find the old TR in box's mediafire account.

Good question - I do believe that the new TR will replace the older one in the win startup entry. box should be confirming this one though.

Edit: As I was writing this a 6.0.5 notice (Beta)

Guys how do I uninstall the previous trial reset. I can't find the old TR in box's mediafire account.

Good question - I do believe that the new TR will replace the older one in the win startup entry. box should be confirming this one though.

Edit: As I was writing this a 6.0.5 notice (Beta)

Thanks for your reply.

The reason why I asked was becoz I'm not using TR this time. I actually used the key provided in coders corner to register my full version. Key is working 100% fine but my norton 360 startup does show the old TR still. How to uninstall tht? Hope box can reply soon.

Archived