DVD Burning Confusion

JimmyJ

Hi. I've been really confused about something. I hope you guys would be able to help out with this. I have made copies of the DVDs that I own and have shrunk them, to fit into a regular DVD-R, not dual layer. I am going to use Ashampoo Burning Studio 10 to burn the created image files. My DVD burner is a Plextor PX-880SA. So, my main confusion is, what speed should I burn these image files using this burner, DVD-Rs, and Ashampoo? Thanks for any help with this. :)

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I'll prefer to burn it at the slowest speed possible. The slower, the better the data gets written. The burning speed and the reading speed are not related to each other. So it will be just fine. :)

I'll prefer to burn it at the slowest speed possible. The slower, the better the data gets written. The burning speed and the reading speed are not related to each other. So it will be just fine. :)

I would just go with whatever the discs you are using say... if they say something like 1X to 16X and they dont have a specific speed id just go with 2X-3X. ive never had any problems with those speeds.

• Administrator

Well, the best (standard) DVDs available here have 4x to 16x as speeds. So I prefer 4x without any problems.

Ah I remember those days when burning CDs use to burn my heart out if I used it at full speed as it used to fail me 2 out of 3 times. Blame my drive though. :P

CD's? they are those round things thats shiny on one side, and have a picture on the other, and go in those that other things with the speakers right???

i havent burned a music CD in a long, long, time... gotta love my flash drive

• Administrator

I'm just talking overall. Some softwares easily fit in CDs for me, though it is more expensive in the end, I like to have dedicated CDs for the files don't want to share the disk with. Take Ubuntu as an example. My burning is 60-40% DVD and CDs respectively, these days.

CD's? they are those round things thats shiny on one side, and have a picture on the other, and go in those that other things with the speakers right???

:lmao:

Have to confess you've got a point here.

i havent burned a music CD in a long, long, time... gotta love my flash drive

Jokes apart - 'those shiny round things on one side with a picture on the other" are not redundant . . . . . . . not yet.

Try performing a clean re-install of Windows Se7en from 2 different media - a BootDVD and a boot-able flash drive. You'll be shocked to discover - additional advanced options are not available when booting from the USB flash drive. :coolwink:

i believe that, i installed windows 7 with a dvd *cough pirated cough*, it was easier and now i have a permanent copy that i can stow away if the need to use it again should arrive

Archived