Make Windows 7 Welcome You With A Custom Voice Message

tysroby

It’s a well-known fact that Windows 7 comes with a set of sound scheme packages and one can easily change the default sound scheme with a custom one. We also know that one can easily enable or disable the default startup sound.

Now, if you would like to make your PC welcome you with a simple voice message, we have a simple way to do that. Of course, you can go for the harder way of changing the default startup sound. But users who would like to make it simple can follow the steps given below.

1. First copy the following code in a notepad and then save the file with any name but the the file should be in .vbs extension. Of course, you can the customize the message with your own words. In this example, you can replace the words “Hello IntoWindows! Welcome back to your computer. Have a nice day” with a custom message.

Dim speaks, speech

speaks=”Hello IntoWindows! Welcome back to your computer. Have a nice day”

Set speech=CreateObject(“sapi.spvoice”)

speech.Speak speaks

MakeWindows7WelcomeYouWithACustomVoiceMessagestep2.jpg

MakeWindows7WelcomeYouWithACustomVoiceMessage.jpg

2. Now move the previously saved .vbs file to the Startup folder present in your Windows 7 drive:

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

MakeWindows7WelcomeYouWithACustomVoiceMessagestep5.jpg

If you can’t see the AppData folder under your UserName folder, you can make it visible by changing the Folder Options settings. Follow our how to show folders in Windows 7 guide to see the hidden AppData folder.

3. You are done! Simply reboot your folder to hear the cool welcome message just after the logon sound.

Source: Technology Inspired

PS: This can be done with XP too, check out the sorce link above.

• Replies 4
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I've been knowing it from some time, but forgot. :)

Remember the old days when people used to joke that only hackers can put a message to their computer startup saying "Welcome Mister President, Have A Good Day." Well, not anymore. :sneaky:

Or.. 'Hello Dave...' -Odyssey 2000 ...I had a custom voice in XP, called 'Mike' seemed to sound better... but I had to install quite a bit... and the end point was to be to enable Voice Recognition in XP.. now it just works like it should on Windows 7.. but any deviation or mod from the normal everyday knowledge throws people who do nothing more than click on ads and play games ( like Poker,and Solitaire ).. Sort of awkward when people flop around like a fish out of water, shocked.. when you alter the color of their Windows.. or install a custom style... I have had people actually say I was a hacker for taking extra steps to secure their systems... for some reason that tends to trigger suspicion...

Archived