Firefox

anemones2

in Making downloads continue with reopening Firefox, not to be killed when closed?

I could just select orbit instead, but they time out usually in orbit.

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could try combing through the about:config and checking for entries under download.. to see if you have any settings concerning it...

I can only see 'close download window when downloads finish' which is overidden when closing firefox.

I looked through addons also.

in Making downloads continue with reopening Firefox, not to be killed when closed?

I could just select orbit instead, but they time out usually in orbit.

Could try combing through the about:config and checking for entries under download.. to see if you have any settings concerning it...

you mean this

http://mozillalinks.org/wp/2008/09/tweak-the-downlad-manager/

What is the exact problem?

1. Is it that you accidentally close FF and kill downloads.. would you like to keep the download window open and be able to close the main window?
  2. Do you have trouble resuming downloads after closing FF?
  3. Are these downloads from FileHosting Services, such as Rapidshare, Fileserve.. Hotfile.. ?

I have quite a few mods to mine.. Mr.Tech has an option to allow the windows to be closed separately..

1. Is it that you accidentally close FF and kill downloads.. would you like to keep the download window open and be able to close the main window?
  3. Are these downloads from FileHosting Services, such as Rapidshare, Fileserve.. Hotfile.. ?

I have quite a few mods to mine.. Mr.Tech has an option to allow the windows to be closed separately..

Consistently accidentally close it.

This would be easy.. you can install Mr.Tech Toolkit ( lots of goodies and tweaks. )... it will create a new entry in your config.. when you go through the settings you need to look and find the option to keep from closing all windows at once.. something like all windows follow close action of main window.. and that should solve the issue.. BUT when you really do want to close it.. you have to manually close each one..

You could also use Boss Key.. which will allow you to cut the memory usage of FF and minimize it completely out of the way.. and all functions will run as desired in the background..

Did you try 'Download Statusbar?'

I use Download Statusbar for those times that Internet Download Manager doesn't take over a download (e.g. anything from proxy.nsanedown.com). It is an excellent add-on. And it works with Firefox 4 Beta 7 too.

Did you try 'Download Statusbar?'

I use Download Statusbar for those times that Internet Download Manager doesn't take over a download (e.g. anything from proxy.nsanedown.com). It is an excellent add-on. And it works with Firefox 4 Beta 7 too.

Perfect, the description was deceiving so i tried the other two.

I was expecting "shows downloads in status bar". >_<

That's strange. When I close Firefox and download is in progress, Downloads window will stay open and continue to download. I don't use any addon for this.

Cheers ;)

That's strange. When I close Firefox and download is in progress, Downloads window will stay open and continue to download. I don't use any addon for this.

Cheers ;)

Yeah that is the way it is supposed to work.. unless something has reset or deleted the setting.. Mr Tech will allow it to all be closed at once... usually under local install in the about:config.. but there a lot of other extensions that could have done something to it..

Archived