OGA

xicoescuro

xicoescuro

Hello everyone!

Since yesterday, my ms office (2003 pro en) can't check for updates anymore - OGA stuff. 'til then it was updating without any problem, but now... it's over.

I've already tried to change the Product ID and the Digital Product ID in regedit (and I realy did it), but no change at all.

Please, can anyone help me, and tell me how to ...!!!

Thanks in advance.... (this place is great...)

Regs...

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They may have introduced a patch with the updates to refuse known serial keys that have been used multiple times (assuming it's not a valid copy). As a rule of thumb, you should never update the software using their updater unless:

• A newer version has also been released by a scene group,
  • The software does not use / need a serial

If your version is indeed a copy, have you not tried the Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise Blue Edition which has been available for a number of weeks.

Alternatively, why not try the free and highly acclaimed OpenOffice a try? It has many features you would expect from an office suite and it's also compatible with the usual extensions generated by their Microsoft counterparts (.doc, .xls etc...).

xicoescuro
They may have introduced a patch with the updates to refuse known serial keys that have been used multiple times (assuming it's not a valid copy). As a rule of thumb, you should never update the software using their updater unless:
  • A newer version has also been released by a scene group,
  • The software does not use / need a serial

If your version is indeed a copy, have you not tried the Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise Blue Edition which has been available for a number of weeks.

Alternatively, why not try the free and highly acclaimed OpenOffice a try? It has many features you would expect from an office suite and it's also compatible with the usual extensions generated by their Microsoft counterparts (.doc, .xls etc...).

Thanks both of you for your interest.

I've already installed Office 2007 Enterprise Blue Edition as you told me and it's quite right.

For a long time I've been thinking of open office but... everyone here at home is used to MS office... what would I say?

But, please, tell me one thing: witch method do you use to keep your office up to date? I want to continue updating my software, but I really don't know how..

Thanks in advance...

With regards to your OpenOffice question, I would say that the suite is compatible with both Microsoft Office and OpenOffice standards. I'm not sure if MS's latest version offers this, but OO has the ability to save files directly as PDF as well which is very good if you want to send these to friends and family.

My advice would be to give it a try and see if you like it. The GUI is very similar but obviously different in some ways. A good read would be at Wikipedia with a nice looking screenshot here.

i use windows update from the controlpanel in vista (ulti), but as u had office2003 i assume u dont have vista.. so i cant try if this work (get an error that u must use vista update program) but go Office homepage click downloadable files (or something like it, i see it in swe automatic) and then the button search after Microsoft-updates

xicoescuro

Thank's again buddies....

I really have to try Open Office - it's a matter of creating a backup of all Outlook information - contacts, archives, and so on...

About Office update... it's not working for me.... besides my XP OS is genuine, office can't pass genuine test.

Regards...

Archived