COMODO, error but also softwares Query.

anemones2

Ok so... I've been meaning to make the transition from cA to comodo, and have been nervous about it.

My subscription is ending so I just uninstalled cA last night.

When it was uninstalling I saw the tray icon go and assumed it had finished so clicked restart-pc.

I was in a rush, it was 5am+

But before shut down, I found the uninstall window and it was doing the final components.

A cA window came up saying "restart now or later".

I am not sure if it was prompted by shut down, or I just had decent timing.

Reboot:

I click install of the 30+mb Latest update from nsanedown of comodo security suite. exe

An error message appeared saying there was already an instance of install occuring, this was after I put in my email, and deselected COMODO DNS server use.

Basically when it got to installing.

I will try keep this in order and mess free so.

When reboot happened I had noticed an 'Windows Installer.. installing. . . " typical style box appear on the welcome final screen before desktop.

In the session when I had uninstalled cA unfortunately, (I don't normally like to do multiple actions in one session for this reason) but I had installed small softwares from nsane.

Namely, cFos speed, um (thinking). DFX for foobar and wmp, with another .exe that you download with it ._o

Also installed and uninstalled Folder Manager program, it was useless to me so quickly uninstalled. It was small freeware.

And that is about it. So i'm not sure what has caused the Windows Installer, (which happens now everytime I reboot) on Welcome Screen.

I also did a regclean with ccleaner, to nab all the cA left overs before (attempted) install of comodo.

And so. I had an installer for comodo I downloaded from nsane/comodo website, half a year ago. It is about 50mb, so I thought i'd try that one.

It didn't have some feature options like geek, but had alert reporting service. But when it came to install it seemed to be more nifty.

And said another instance of HIPSCC had occured and to roll back changes I must click to do so, and 'you have to go back to it's installer to continue or something'.

I rolled back changes of the HIPSCC occurance, and this older comodo installed successfully.

I have done a huge signature update in the new comodo.

But I can't say if the firewall is working, it is logging connections, and programs are being isolated. But so far I have only had one pop up,

for nsvip.exe (might be incorrect but close enough, i'm not at home) the um proccess for built in firewall on my motherboard, network.. ware or something.

When I installed, pretty much this same comodo installer on my dad's pc. I had so many pop-ups, and queries it was ridiculous.

So I don't know. I'm going to try and install the new version over it when I get home.

~ Any input please?

Suggestions very welcome.

Such as "use comodo DNS is it sexy and won't mess up your 8port switch, with only two pcs on it lol"

• Replies 8
  • Views 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new COMODO didn't even install, it got to the part where it was about use the extracted files and came to the error.

I got the feeling ccleaner does nothing regwise, and you're right I should do a reg/file-rape with power tools.

Damnit.

This installer on start up better go away, maybe I can find it in start-up utility, ccleaner or power tools.

But I will do what you said firstly anyway.

Edit: oh and it was nsvcip.exe that came up, nothing else. Not firefox. Just.. yeah. Uninstall, wipe, reinstall best bet.

Is comodo firewall and antivirus + superanti spyware (portable), a formiddible foe?

Or am I leaving myself wide open.

ScreenShot141.jpg

This is now the same message I had on attempt to install new version first time, but on attempt to uninstall this old version now.

Windows Utility for xp? Found it on MajorGeeks, looks old though.

ScreenShot141.jpg

This is now the same message I had on attempt to install new version first time, but on attempt to uninstall this old version now.

Windows Utility for xp? Found it on MajorGeeks, looks old though.

Ok so I killed msiexe to install utility, found hipscc, rid it. Did pillage with power tools, cclearner combo.

Uninstalled success. by killing msiexe also. Killed cfos in start up because it was annoying...

Am wondering what kernalfaultcheck is in start up menu, recent addition.

Installed new comodo fine.

Am updating virus now. Noticed it didn't ask me for my email though.

And also it didn't pop up about firefox. Or Outlook.

Or even nvidia forceware I mentioned before.

So I don't know.

Has comodo become a cloud style system?

The older version offered threat cast, this one seems to rely on it. . . or something like it.

Archived