.vob application

n00bie

Hi all

Was hoping someone knew of an application which burns .vob files onto a DVD. I've been using Burning ROM for a long time, but I hate installing that 100mb+ program just for that, I used to use Nero Recode but I now use dvd rebuilder only.

If anyone know of a smaller application which will burn .vob onto a DVD, that would be great! and appreciated.

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Imgburn. Best burning app available and it's free. Burns vob/ifo files or image files. I haven't used DVDrebuilder in awhile but I think it can be set to call on imgburn to to burn after encoding.

Thanks guy

Any idea how fast Nero lite is updated after Nero releases a new update? A new version came out just recently.

Also, I had no idea that imgburn burned .vob files, I thought it was just image files. I'll fool around with it and see if I can find out how to do it:)

Thanks.

Also, I had no idea that imgburn burned .vob files, I thought it was just image files. I'll fool around with it and see if I can find out how to do it:)

Thanks.

The ability was added in v2.0.0.0, it's called Build mode.

Build - Create an image file from files on your computer or network - or you can write the files directly to a disc

When Build mode was added I stopped using ImgtoolClassic or PGCedit to create an image file before burning with Imgurn.

Sweet :eek: that's awesome.

let's say I got this .img file and I need to edit the dvd, so to do this i need to rename the .img file to .rar, then extract the .vobs

A bit time consuming. Does imgburn have something to make this situation easier? If so, then imgburn is truely a super sweet app :sui: (it is already but just saying )

Thanks guy

Any idea how fast Nero lite is updated after Nero releases a new update? A new version came out just recently.

Thanks.

Well I was using the latest 6.6.x.x version until recently when I done a complete reinstall of Windows. Upon looking at alternative software for many apps I use, I came across 'Nero Lite' & 'Nero Micro'.

Apparently they're updated pretty regularly, but the main site is currently undergoing maintenance I believe, so we're limted to third-party servers hosting the latest version. I do know SoftPedia have been hosting it for some time so that could be a blessing.

Sweet :D that's awesome.

let's say I got this .img file and I need to edit the dvd, so to do this i need to rename the .img file to .rar, then extract the .vobs

A bit time consuming. Does imgburn have something to make this situation easier? If so, then imgburn is truely a super sweet app ;) (it is already but just saying )

Not that I'm aware of.

Archived