Another dead laptop?

elohelomg

It seems these HP's have the life span of a sick butterfly. I come home today, turn it on, and i get nothing. Power seems to be flowing, the fan turns on, but the screen remains blank. I've taken out the ram, battery, and the cmos(bios?) battery, and left it to sit for a while, hoping that will fix it. If not, I guess the MOBO is gone. :/

Anything else i should try before i send it to the recycle bin?

• Replies 8
  • Views 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

re'insert HDD, but if BIOS doesn't try to boot- RAM or even CPU (I hope there is access to re'insert that) and forget old lie, that LapTop CPU's don't need Thermopaste- They do!

Also, in case of appearing "compete crash" any of "simple hardware Connectors"   could be causing it, like Wireless module or even CD Rom Tray

battery, and the cmos(bios?) battery, and left it to sit for a while, hoping that will fix it. If not, I guess the MOBO is gone. :/

BTW once batteries are out-  click on Power button- no need to wait! (obviously with no PSU plugged in)

It seems these HP's have the life span of a sick butterfly. I come home today, turn it on, and i get nothing. Power seems to be flowing, the fan turns on, but the screen remains blank. I've taken out the ram, battery, and the cmos(bios?) battery, and left it to sit for a while, hoping that will fix it. If not, I guess the MOBO is gone. :/

What model is it?

How comfortable are you with gutting it?

Is this by chance an Intel i3/5/7 machine with intel chipset?

ahhh....

another HP bites the dust.....

my case ,,,m suspecting a toasted on board graphic chip on my HP laptop .

turns on , but shows all the crazy colors on the screen , like a mad mans art canvas ...

forget HP ....

Is this by chance an Intel i3/5/7 machine with intel chipset?

Its a dv5, and i dont mind gutting it, if it means it'll start up. The comp stopped turning on after someone sat on it --_____________________________--

bios doesn't boot.

Archived