Eset Alternative Update Server (EAUS)

luminoso

Hi!

I've started a little project just for the lulz. It is an alternative update server for eset products.

The idea is that trial servers don't update modules. This is a true mirror from paid update servers.

I would like to invite everyone to test it.

The address is located at:

[EDIT]

No link for now. I must control server load. I'll open it later. Just want to have an controlled grown

[/EDIT]

I would love to have feedback.

• Replies 36
  • Views 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great initiative! :D

Certainly useful whenever you want to update modules or when you ESETs update servers are being stupid again ;)

• Administrator

Nice. Now trial users wont need to worry about any late updates. ^_^

ya will it last? that's the problem

Well.. i'm running this for almost two years by now. but it was closed (required to fill username and password given by me)

This is the first time open to public.

Well.. i'm running this for almost two years by now. but it was closed (required to fill username and password given by me)

This is the first time open to public.

so

http://update.eset.com/eset_eval/

does not update modules? according to http://eaus.mooo.com/

because it seems like most my modules are updated in 2010 oct. (using v4.2.64)

Virus signature database: 5597 (20101106)

Update module: 1031 (20091029)

Antivirus and antispyware scanner module: 1292 (20101028)

Advanced heuristics module: 1114 (20100827)

Archive support module: 1122 (20100826)

Cleaner module: 1048 (20091123)

Anti-Stealth support module: 1021 (20100811)

Personal firewall module: 1061 (20100607)

Antispam module: 1014 (20100212)

SysInspector module: 1217 (20100907)

Self-defense support module : 1016 (20100404)

Real-time file system protection module: 1004 (20100727)

so
 http://update.eset.com/eset_eval/

does not update modules? according to http://eaus.mooo.com/

because it seems like most my modules are updated in 2010 oct. (using v4.2.64)

Virus signature database: 5597 (20101106)

Update module: 1031 (20091029)

Antivirus and antispyware scanner module: 1292 (20101028)

Advanced heuristics module: 1114 (20100827)

Archive support module: 1122 (20100826)

Cleaner module: 1048 (20091123)

Anti-Stealth support module: 1021 (20100811)

Personal firewall module: 1061 (20100607)

Antispam module: 1014 (20100212)

SysInspector module: 1217 (20100907)

Self-defense support module : 1016 (20100404)

Real-time file system protection module: 1004 (20100727)

Oh.. I read somewhere but don't exactly remember the source. It's has based in fact that trial servers end in /eset_upd/ and trial end in /eset_eval/.

It this is not true (or if never was) I'll remove that line from eaus.moo.com

Oh.. I read somewhere but don't exactly remember the source. It's has based in fact that trial servers end in /eset_upd/ and trial end in /eset_eval/.

It this is not true (or if never was) I'll remove that line from eaus.moo.com

because i believe i got few module updates since i been using /eset_eval link above provided by -mara ever since I saw it on forums. BUT good thign about your website is there is not delay updates. =D and smaller bandwidth usgage aka faster updates. if like you said is true about eaus existed for 2 years than ill stick to it. my only consider is if this minor ever dies?

- also there is still delay updates, im on 5598 but the website shows 5599 is already out. even with manual update it still doesn't get the newest update. so =\?

- BUT it is true that this is a true minor from eset, because i am NOT longer in 31 days trial anymore. right now im goign to uninstall/reinstall ESET and just use this eaus website as update and see if I get full version.

update #2

- it did update a module from a friend of mine using 4.2.35 (beta 2 of v4.2) by using eaus. and he was using a trial id & pass b4 i delete it and update it with EAUS.

- so i confrim it DOES update modules so please put that line back in there <3

- the thing is that i been on newest build all the time, as soon as it is out. so i never really have the chance of getting module update that is, so why i was saying the trial server also updates modules.

- it did update once at least that I remember with trial servers, but with EAUS = 100% update modules

• 2 weeks later...

- also there is still delay updates, im on 5598 but the website shows 5599 is already out. even with manual update it still doesn't get the newest update. so =\?

It's mirrors once a hour. Let's imagine that the mirror syncs at every 47th minute of every hour. And the update is released at.. let's imagine.. at 03:52. You will only get the update at 04:47 ;)

- BUT it is true that this is a true minor from eset, because i am NOT longer in 31 days trial anymore. right now im goign to uninstall/reinstall ESET and just use this eaus website as update and see if I get full version.

Full versions around the internet don't have such a thing... :-p

Good!

It's mirrors once a hour. Let's imagine that the mirror syncs at every 47th minute of every hour. And the update is released at.. let's imagine.. at 03:52. You will only get the update at 04:47 ;)

Full versions around the internet don't have such a thing... :-p

Good!

damn took you long time! where u been =O

Hmm doesnt seem to be working for me. Followed directions, after it didnt work I tried clearing the update cache. Ive been using it since you originally posted.

Archived