Win 7 Help

tempaccess

I am currently using Win7. Was wondering why my F:\ drive keeps coming up on desktop. I delete it and then when i reboot the icon is there. Is there anyway for this process to stop happening. I dont want my F:\ drive to appear on my desktop after a reboot. Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Replies 5
  • Views 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you say F drive icon, you are not talking about the network drive icon, are you?

it was a CD ROM drive, idk, rebooted and its finally not there, idk what i did but its not there now... thanks again guys!!

Sounds like a Virtual Drive or something.. especially if its not an actual drive on your system.. I would take a look at The Devices section of Computer Management and make sure there is nothing odd going on in that department.. including things like fake Hardware and drivers.. Some infections.. Like the MyWebSearch.. infection will install themselves as devices... new and other infections can and could have the same effect.. So it may be a good idea just to take a look around regardless... Just in case...

If its from a piece of software for Virtual Devices then altering the settings and number of drives can be a good idea..

Archived