LimeWire outlawed!

tysroby

Hey guys.

Since "LIMEWIRE IS UNDER A COURT-ORDERED INJUNCTION TO STOP DISTRIBUTING AND SUPPORTING ITS FILE-SHARING SOFTWARE", what do you recommend as an alternative?

And please don't say FrostWire :)

• Replies 11
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I think even MP3Rocket is closing it's services. I read somewhere two-three days ago that they are following LimeWire's footsteps and will make it completely legal.

• 2 months later...

is this why it isn't working anymore? my limewire says connecting to network, is this just my pc (firewall ect) or is everyone like this?

• Administrator

is this why it isn't working anymore? my limewire says connecting to network, is this just my pc (firewall ect) or is everyone like this?

As far as I know, Limewire and it's network was totally shutdown(ed) some time ago.

Gnutella FTL man. I used to use LameWire back in junior high but started using torrents and DDL music sites afterwards. I felt a lot safer that way too.

If you're only looking for single songs here and there use services like BeeMP3 or even ESnips.

If you're looking for whole albums search sites like KickAssTorrents but if you can use their HTTP download method.

Thanks for clearing that up DK

As far as I know, Limewire and it's network was totally shutdown(ed) some time ago.

Limewire was shut down, but the gnutella network it used is still up, and is still accessible to other client apps, such as Frostwire (which you should all have been using instead of Limewire anyway, it comes without the crapware) and Shareaza.

Still, bittorrent is the only way to go these days.

Archived