Webroot Acquires Prevx

tipo

BOULDER, Colo., Nov. 1, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Webroot, the first Internet security service company, today announced it has acquired Prevx, provider of the world's most scalable and effective cloud-based anti-malware solutions. Webroot will integrate Prevx's technology into its cloud security services to deliver the industry's most effective online protection for consumers and businesses.

link

link

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the news.

Hope Webroot will continue the good momentum of Prevx products and continue selling Prevx (as a standalone product and no integrate it in other heavy suite...)

Webroot AntiVirus with Spy Sweeper 2011 and Prevx 3.0 performed admirably in PCMag's tests; both earned 4.5 stars. Webroot plans to fully integrate Prevx's lightweight behavior-based antivirus technology.
The long-awaited Prevx 4.0 will still be released, though it won't appear for some months. Behind the scenes engineers are "working feverishly" to merge the two technologies.

++

Aw shit, man - Webroot has been neglecting 'Spy Sweeper' and 'Window Washer,' as well. Hope they develop 'Prevx' . . . . . . . actively. :(

Horror news :(

The moment I see Webroot logo instead of Prevx , this product is gone from my system.

Yeah, no shit man.

I can't stand their products.

When I think after few weeks without Prevx I just decided (last week) to put again in my security strategy ! I can not believe it ! :sneaky:

the prevx moderator said on wilderssecurity that for the moment webroot will not touch prevx. they will use only the engines, signatures etc. prevx 4 will come as promised etc etc....

Horror news :(

The moment I see Webroot logo instead of Prevx , this product is gone from my system.

ya so sad...good product now will be crap just like SS and WW

Archived