Metapad Hyperlinks

Mike1959

I've used 'Metapad' as a notepad replacement for a number of years but recently I noticed the hyperlinks option has stopped working for some unknown reason...

the links are still underlined but they are no longer displayed in blue as they used to be...clicking on the text gives me no response whatsoever and I was hoping that maybe

one of you knowledgeable guys might be able to point the finger on what might be wrong.

I've made no changes to the program as such and the hyperlink option is on as required....(see below).

second screenshot shows how I actually see the links now.

thanks in advance,

Mike.

hyperlinks.pnglinksa.png

• Replies 1
  • Views 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been using meta for years myself, but as far as hyperlinks here are two things you can try :

1. Check and make sure you have a default browser set in windows,.. such as for firefox >> make firefox default

2. I don't know if it would matter much, but you could also try wiping out the settings for metapad in the registry.. it should be located here

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\metapad

You can get there in regedit by just searching for metapad, but you may want to backup / export the metapad branch before you delete it. ( just in case )

I don't think metapad itself does alot of internal processing of the links themselves as I only found the two options related to them ( the one you showed and one in Settings > Advanced 1 > Hyperlinks require doubleclick ) , so I'm hoping its the default browser issue.

Archived