nis 10.1.0.26

wintron

got this acer laptop . it is more then a few years old . while back made a factory defaults reinstall . has norton internet security v 10.1.0.26 unstalled by default . it is a 90 day trial and it has 34 more days to go .

is there a way to extend the trial ?

p.s. didnt know where to post this so if any mod feels the need to remove this please do

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
unknownasphyxiated

got this acer laptop . it is more then a few years old . while back made a factory defaults reinstall . has norton internet security v 10.1.0.26 unstalled by default . it is a 90 day trial and it has 34 more days to go .

is there a way to extend the trial ?

p.s. didnt know where to post this so if any mod feels the need to remove this please do

better is you download the latest version which is support by BOX

see here

id rather stick to this version as i dont know if the latest version will impact on this laptop , as its a celeron based laptop . dont know if the latest version will be a resource hog on the laptop . anyone else know how to extend this trial ?

thanks

unknownasphyxiated

well,NIS 2011 is one of the lightest av right now

they really improved their av

NIS 2010 and NIS 2011 is currently supported by Box...version before that i don't know if it work but you can try...

TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK

thanks for the info unknown . i will try the box fix before it expires and let you know if it works .

a couple of questions if i may .

does the box support norton 360 and whats the difference between 360 and nis ?

once again thanks

unknownasphyxiated

thanks for the info unknown . i will try the box fix before it expires and let you know if it works .

a couple of questions if i may .

does the box support norton 360 and whats the difference between 360 and nis ?

once again thanks

yes, BOX support 360

go here for comparison Norton

Your version of the AV is a whole 8 versions behind.. I have a laptop with a 1.7 GHz Celeron single core and 2 GB Ram... I easily run ESS.. and many other with no trouble... given the improvements since that version I would also recommend you update to NIS 2010/2011... Probably also on Windows XP Home Edition as well... There are many tweaks and improvement you can make that will free up more RAM and Processor power that will and can give you improvements on what you have so you are not so limited.. or atleast fear/feel that..

Your version of the AV is a whole 8 versions behind.. I have a laptop with a 1.7 GHz Celeron single core and 2 GB Ram... I easily run ESS.. and many other with no trouble... given the improvements since that version I would also recommend you update to NIS 2010/2011... Probably also on Windows XP Home Edition as well... There are many tweaks and improvement you can make that will free up more RAM and Processor power that will and can give you improvements on what you have so you are not so limited.. or atleast fear/feel that..

well i was thinking of ditching it anyway . i have nod32 av on my other destop pcs , 3 , and also have it on my other dual core laptop . from version 3 latest to version 4 latest .

this laptop is a celeron m processor 1.86ghz with 1.5gb of ram .

i used to be a fan of norton systemworks back in the old days until it became bloated and memory intensive . but ive heard good things about it lately .

maybe i'll install ess or maybe norton . not quite sure .

never used ess before so i dont know what to expect . perhaps some of you could enlighten me on this one .

thanks .

Others here have combinations of Firewalls and other protections in place... I use ESS because its all in one suite.. Firewall, Adware, Spyware, and HIDS Protection... and the big point for me is the fact that there is a settings for just about EVERY area concerned... Personally I love it... You my just have to try it out for yourself...

I would attempt to do a normal uninstall.. and then get implicit instructions and tools from the website to remove all elements.. I would also make sure that all relative directories pertaining to the old installation be physically removed as well.. if they have not been at that point....then clean the registry....and do your fresh install..

one final thing before i take the plunge . i've always used , and still do , nodlogin to update my licences on my nod32 av . i think i read somewhere here that licences for the av are widely available but not for ess . is that still the case ?

thanks

Might search for the thing your looking for... There is a thread dedicated to it.. to find out more about it.. I know there are several out there for it but I never use licenses.. never have and never probably will... so I m sort of lost on the issue.. but I am sure you will find your answer.. ( I sound like a politician .. sorry .. LOL )

Archived