Samurai

Do You Use Newsgroups?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Use Newsgroups?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm Unsure
    • I'm Thinking About It :)

Basically, I'm wondering how many of us use newsgroups, and your thoughts on them whether you do or don't :)

• Replies 12
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said yes, because i sort of do and i sort of dont. I use torrents a lot more. I cant find what i need on newsgroups. If anyone could post any great NZB sites, that would be great.

Rudeboy2025

I said no because I have a slow connection and there is no point for me to use em.

I said yes, because i sort of do and i sort of dont. I use torrents a lot more. I cant find what i need on newsgroups. If anyone could post any great NZB sites, that would be great.

We have our own NZB section in this forum :) Look in the 'Verfieds' > 'Newsgroups'

LemonHead2089

I'm thinking about using it, but I have the same exact reason Rudeboy has, however, as soon as I get a faster connection (whenever that will be) then I will definitly try it out

i do every now and then, my college's ISP has a server setup. i only use it while i'm in class since the connection on campus is so fast, only have 56k at the house. no point in trying really, file's ganna be gone before i can finish downloading it any ways. internal speeds on campus are great tho :)

We have our own NZB section in this forum :) Look in the 'Verfieds' > 'Newsgroups'

I already know. I even posted in there.

• 8 months later...

I got free NewsGroup access with my ISP so I am definately going to look into it. Had a look at the tutorials here and just need some Free sites now.:)

I got free NewsGroup access with my ISP so I am definately going to look into it. Had a look at the tutorials here and just need some Free sites now.:(

Some were mentioned in the same thread as the main guide.

Basically, I'm wondering how many of us use newsgroups, and your thoughts on them whether you do or don't :(

hell yes. only time i use emule p2p is to find an old, rare or cough special software item.

we really do need a newsgroup client list.

at Dang Slow line of 1.5 that gives me 1 GB of download with newsleecher in 2 hours. 12 GB a day. p2p cant match that.

now cable internet is usually faster. (if no one else in your area uses it and your cable free newsgroup access isnt nerfed and if they dont watch you for using internet too much like they seem to do with p2p) thats why dsl newsgroups is better in my opinion. there is a 3 spped and soon to have a 6 speec in my area.

Archived