Octopus Paul is dead

Atasas

Paul the Octopus will predict no more…

paul-336x217-custom.jpg

It is with great sadness that we report the death of the world's foremost psychic cephalopod.

Paul the Octopus, the mystic mollusc himself, became a more significant World Cup figure than Wayne Rooney, Cristiano Ronaldo or Franck Ribery with his extraordinarily accurate predictions from his tank at Sea Life in Germany.

From our story today:

The two-year-old celebrity octopus made his choices after being offered two containers with food, each with a flag of the two teams playing, and eating out of one of them.

"We grew very fond of him," said Sea Life general manager Stefan Porwoll. "He passed away during the night peacefully," he said as the marine life centre flew flags at half mast and all employees wore black armbands.

The country was shocked and distraught when he picked Spain to beat Germany in the semi-final after tipping German wins over Argentina, England, Ghana and Australia, as well as their shock defeat by Serbia and Spain's final win over the Dutch.

He was right again on that last one, so at least he leaves us with a perfect World Cup record.

PHOTO: Germany's so-called oracle octopus Paul, swims in front of a mock soccer World Cup trophy in his tank at the Sea Life Aquarium in the western German city of Oberhausen July 12, 2010. REUTERS/Wolfgang Rattay

• Replies 17
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

O man... too bad. I really like cephalopodes, amazingly intelligent creatures. I wonder what happened to Paul... did he get ill or what? And someone correct the title please ...

• Administrator

RIP. :(

I believe he had a natural death. Octopus don't have a long life. They die in few years.

Yeah, usually, that would be the place, where I'd joke something like wherees my diner? but this time I am little sad. He was clever little bugger!

Yeah, usually, that would be the place, where I'd joke something like wherees my diner? but this time I am little sad. He was clever little burger!

fixed. :P

it`s not dead! it is living with elvis and michael on a far far away island...

oh, and sant too

so he won't roll with G-Unit no more huh...guess he'll end up in someone's bowl along with some sauce and a pair of chopsticks

• 1 month later...

Well, i was that summer in Oberhausen. I have made a photo on my digicam.

I am sad, however.

Archived