Need help to make my computer run faster

sanjoa

• Replies 56
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Only resetting wont do it, you'll have to disable other media player's codecs (was something like powerdvdxyz.dll in my case) in Codec Tweak Tool.

Did you try VLC Player? I believe that you wont be having any problems in VLC Player if it's a codec interfering with each other problem.

DK is right... you will have to open 'Manage VFW and ACM Codecs' and there may be a few more options for management... and you should be able to disable codecs that K-Lite offers.. which are covered by your players... Even the Shark 007 Codec Package ha this area so that problems of this kind can be sorted.. Defaults will only reset K-Lite back to its default installation, but if you have changed or altered any settings during installation it may be a good idea.. Which brings me to the last point that uninstalling and re-installing the Codec Pack and combing through your settings before install .. may actually give you the opportunity to set it up so as to not interfere with the Players or system codecs..as well..

There is also a folder in the Start Menu Called Configuration that will allow you to set up details and usage of the codecs installed..

EDIT: I actually agree with you on the VC note.. I use Winamp personally with a few alterations and for the most part MPC-HC for video.. rarely do I ever use Winamp for Video as it takes some juice t do it.. which I don't have on this system.. I would definitely be using Corel WinDVD on this one if I had the GPU and more horsepower..so to speak...LOL

What codecs should I disable? I don't know what codecs are used by MPC, WMV and Foobar.

Well thats a good question.. what files could you not play before you installed K-Lite?... Some people install multiple players to begin with to be able to play different types of files.. by default Windows 7 has many more abilities to play files that other OSes did not have... So It can vary from system to system based on what you have installed but as far as being a library of what every program installs .. its a little .. you get it I hope.. Plus I don't use Mega Pack at all.. ad I don't know what else is there.. I do know that you could check the default file type options in each program to see what you need out of K-Lite.. and you may not actually even need the Mega Pack.. maybe even Full or one of the lower ones..

I don't know that. I always install KLMCP + MPC. And sometimes I use WMP. I've uninstalled foobar. and uninstalled KLMCP + MPC, clean, restart, and reinstall again.

Archived