True Image Home 11

Jerry

I have used True image for a while and luv it.I am wondering if i can make a bootable dvd (boot cd + hd image) on 1 dvd

TIA

• Replies 9
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he mite want to make the image on DVD instead of creating Acronis secure zone on the local HDD

BTW how r ya?DCS

I have used True image for a while and luv it.I am wondering if i can make a bootable dvd (boot cd + hd image) on 1 dvd

TIA

Well I don't think so.. I mean you may try only backing up your OS only.. but what is the point if you have a recovery disc.. ( unless you want to keep a certain state of mods. ) Problem here lies in the overall size of the backup.. when you have 20GB backup.. I haven't seen a system yet to be able to do that.. on one DVD.. limitation of the media itself...using DVD Media shouldn't be too much of a problem...even creating the backups.. split into the appropriate size.. then burning them to DVD's is not impossible.. in fact thats what I did for my XP system before I upgraded to Windows 7... but I use the Acronis Boot Time Recovery as well.. so there is no need for the bootable disc.. and you would need to insert each disc as it asks for it.... Hirens Boot CD is also a nice alternative to use n conjunction as it also contain Acronis I believe.. and loads your boot drivers for USB support as well..

thanks for all the replys and the reason i was wanting to do it that way is so i could use 1 disc instead of 2

i am running xp pro and the hd image is just over 3 gig so i would have more than enough space if i could figure it out

I suppose you could burn it there, and browse to in when you boot it.

The Acronis boot cd is less than 200MB.

I don't find it a very good thing to do, I like to store the image on USB, as its way faster than DVD (Plus my images are like 40GB).

I went as far to use Grub4Dos to boot the Acronis DVD ISO off the same USB drive with the image as I'm trying to never use any optical disk. I got a 1TB USB HDD and a 500GB older one. I usually use the older one for USB booting as the 1TB one has a feature where it can be totally HW encrypted (but then you can't boot it).

So yeah as long as you can fit the image on the DVD it should work, but it will be slow.

EDIT: I'd recommend creating the Acronis Boot CD as an ISO, making your backup, and use UltraISO to add the backup to the ISO, then burn to disk, as I'm not aware of Acronis having a feature to do this.

I suppose you could burn it there, and browse to in when you boot it.

The Acronis boot cd is less than 200MB.

I don't find it a very good thing to do, I like to store the image on USB, as its way faster than DVD (Plus my images are like 40GB).

I went as far to use Grub4Dos to boot the Acronis DVD ISO off the same USB drive with the image as I'm trying to never use any optical disk. I got a 1TB USB HDD and a 500GB older one. I usually use the older one for USB booting as the 1TB one has a feature where it can be totally HW encrypted (but then you can't boot it).

So yeah as long as you can fit the image on the DVD it should work, but it will be slow.

EDIT: I'd recommend creating the Acronis Boot CD as an ISO, making your backup, and use UltraISO to add the backup to the ISO, then burn to disk, as I'm not aware of Acronis having a feature to do this.

:yes:

I use acronis, hirens boot cd, ubuntu live and other things in a bootable usb drive.

Archived