This might just be me, but...

shought

Ok, here's the deal:

A company that sells plane tickets has a slogan, the slogan is (in Dutch): ' De goedkoopste vliegtickets. De rest doet er niet toe! ', translated into English: 'The cheapest tickets. The rest doesn't matter!'.

Now I'd like to know, is it just me or does that imply like 'the cheapest tickets, it doesn't matter whether you reach your destination in one piece, two pieces, a billion pieces or not at all.'?

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, here's the deal:

A company that sells plane tickets has a slogan, the slogan is (in Dutch): ' De goedkoopste vliegtickets. De rest doet er niet toe! ', translated into English: 'The cheapest tickets. The rest doesn't matter!'.

Now I'd like to know, is it just me or does that imply like 'the cheapest tickets, it doesn't matter whether you reach your destination in one piece, two pieces, a billion pieces or not at all.'?

actually yes :P i mean pretty sure they didn't intend to imply that but it indeed sounds like that.. (maybe not immediately but after reading it twice..) :lmao:

i say order ur tickets elsewhere.. u still got lotsa modding to do.. :P

If you think that's bad you should take a look at the Nepal Airport on the mountains. The runway is extremely short and it goes uphill, no allocation for errors or overshoots else you either crash nose first or fly into the mountain. lol.

When I read your slogan though my first thoughts are that the rest of companies selling tickets don't matter. ^_^

Yeah, that really is an awful slogan. Of course the rest matters. Are they doing proper maintenance, do they have good customer service, etc.

hell i flew a "AIR-BUS" once :lol:

If that is the one I am thinking.. its like Bigger than a cargo plane... HUGE..... They had to ship it around in pieces to assemble some of them..

I seen two dumbasses destroy and demolish a brand new one.. never even been off the ground.. They ignored the safety warnings and protocols when doing the testing, by the people who had purchased it.. before it was delivered a sort of final inspection.. One of the guys pulled a fuse that would allow the plane to wind up the engines.. which also disengaged the braking system.. ( so sudden wide open speed and no brakes ) and ran the plane into a wall.. shearing off half of the bottom of the plane all the way back to around mid-ship..

I find the article I will post it.. but it was incredibly stupid... to say the least... FAIL....

EDIT: Posted link to a blog I found it on.. http://suckerfreemusic.com/djmerritt/blog/?p=112

Great, I'm glad it's not just me :P

I wasn't planning on flying with them, I mean cheap tickets are fine, but a slogan like that is like... :unsure:

The first time I read it was like: NO, you got to be kidding me :P

And when I found out it wasn't the most expensive practical joke ever I had to LOL.

@KotaXor

'Bring your own parachute.'

That'd be a great slogan actually! (Our pilots and planes are this good, we don't even equip them with parachutes, if you have the crazy idea you need one, you can bring it (it will be deducted from your luggage space :rolleyes:) :P)

Cheapest tickets. Safety not included....

or

Cheapest tickets. We place your safety below ours!

or

Cheapest tickets money can buy. We vouch that your safety during your trip is next to shit.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

If I were you, I'd take the damn cheap tickets. Other airlines are starting to import parts and labour from China so what's the difference? Flying with another airline has the same chance of realising in mid air that the engine is held up by spray painted duct tape that was made in China.

Famous last words: Thank you for choosing Penguin Airlines, we know when it comes to air travel you have absolutely no choice whatsoever. :lol:

Archived