Hello

Jambi

Just wanted to say hello to everyone here at this site. Been coming here for 4-5 years, love everything about this site, the layout, easy navigation, and of course the news sections, file-sharing, software, and world news. Very Interesting. I mostly come here every day just to read above mentioned topics and to see latest software developments. But I am having a problem. Since maybe the end of september 2010, i have not been able to access your homepage. Have never had this problem b4. I am running Windows Xp Service Pack 3, if anyone needs any more info let me know, and hopefully someone can help me sort this out. On a side note, i have been to many other p.c.'s and can access nsanedown.com homepage, w/ no problems. Thank You All Very Much, For Everything.

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello four-to-five-year prior visitor. Good you finally decided to become a member. :D

Obviously, there's something about your computer since other computers you use and us here at nsane can all access www.nsanedown.com. Did your hosts file change or did you change something with your internet security software since the end of September?

• Administrator

:hi: & :welcome:

Malwarebytes Anti Malware's IP blocking feature is the cause of the problem. Just disable it, it's of no use.

HellO and welcome!

my $0.02ct : 

Your ISP or Just try installing new browser, (without any imports etc)

Thank You All for the welcomes,

I am running Internet Explorer 8, have tried other browsers (Firefox, Chrome), My Internet security stays the same. For Internet security I run in real time ESET NOD32 ver. 3.0, I Also have installed SuperAntispyware Professional ver. 4.43, and Malwarebytes AntiMalware ver. 1.46, which are not running in real time. As DKT27 listed to disable Malwarebytes IP blocking feature i did do that, did not work. I did think my ISP, but some other p.c.'s i've checked use the same ISP, and just did a little research for host file/ host file change(me not knowing exactly what host file/ host file change meant?) . Again Thank You All For Your Time and Thoughts.

• Administrator

You mean it works on other PCs with same ISP? Well, MBAM should have solved your problem. Host file can be found in C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc. Open that file in notepad and check if there is any entry about nsanedown. There should not be any entry about nsanedown.com.

Using a proxy may solve your problem. But we can help more. Please post a HijackThis log. :)

• Administrator

myidisbb also couldn't get to nsane.down because of MBAM. He resolved the issue by rebooting his PC. Check his post and then reboot your PC. It worked for him. :)

He disabled MBAM protection totally then he rebooted. But as per my tests disabling Website module is all what is needed.

Open MBAM window > Protection tab > Uncheck Start malicious website blocking when protection module starts.

If it still doesn't work (it did in my case). Reboot. :)

P.S. Many users are facing problems accessing FP. We really need some feedback on the above method.

Hi All, Again Thanks For All Your Time and Thoughts/Input.

Hi DKT27, have done all methods u have listed pertaining to MBAM, none have worked for me :(

As for other p.c.'s, yes, works with or without same ISP. Even though right now, a family member is experiencing this same problem, we both have same ISP.

Checked Host File, no changes, nothing pertaining to nsanedown.com. Have tried using a proxy, no luck there. Have tried installing new browser/browsers with no imports, No Luck.

spootnack, family member and i just tried disable IP Protection by tweaking the registry, No Luck there either.

My family Member i speak of is very knowledgeable of P.C.'s and related topics, so we will keep u all posted and updated on this issue. As DKT27 mentioned, " We really need some feedback"

As for a HijackThis log, i would like to maybe use that as a last resort, lol.

Again Thanks To: Night Owl, DKT27, spootnack, implague, fl0ppyd1scours3, Lite, dcs18, and Atasas, Again Thank You All Very Much, will keep u all posted. Thanks

Can you try this :

1) # ping nsanedown.com

2) # nslookup nsanedown.com

3) Did you try to clean your browser cache / DNS cache ?? try : # ipconfig /flushdns

What are the results ?

Maybe you have some malwares on your PC if it doesn't work !

Have you some problems with other sites ?

=> Try to go on security sites like : kaspersky.com , eset.com , symantec.com and so on...

Then ?

++

Hi All,

Well just tried using a different Proxy, and now i can access the FP :D .

I am using a Program called, " Proxy Switcher Pro ", got it from a site called, h33t.com

spootnack, def. no malwares on my P.C., no other problems w/ any other sites, will check those steps.

Again thanks to you all, Peace and Love

@ Jambi

Glad to hear the problem is solved...;) & :welcome: + Enjoy!

Archived