Tiny7 (windows 7 by experience) question

elohelomg

So, when you install tiny 7, all the printer drives are taken out. Problem is, stupid HP thought it'd be a good idea to be lazy, and NOT make drivers for their old stuff (an actual installer), so now, im left with a useless printer, and dont want to give up windows 7 tiny either.

The printer is an Hp photosmart 2410 and i tried using the windows xp installer in compatibility mode, but no go.

Any ideas?

Drives now appear in the install printer, but it says core drivers aren't there!

• Replies 6
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well.. I would say that using Tiny 7 is the problem ( though thats about like Linux guys telling Windows users that the problem is your using windows.. ).. Truthfully .. I have an HP Printer.. and I like the fact that there are no longer like 7 services and 25 add-on programs installed with them anymore.. plug it and forget it.. better all the way around.. not for sure where 2410 is in that range or if it was made to be exclusively compatible with Vista or 7.. BUT if it came with a disc you should be able to install drivers from that disc regardless.. manually.. used to be the case anyway..

Tiny7 is busted, Windows Updates fail to work. I doubt that issue has been corrected. If you have a full Windows7 install then try looking for the driver storage location. Possibly the following path might have your printer driver but you have to manually sift through them to find the right one.

C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository

Check the folder starting with "prnhp005.inf", your printer driver might be in there or another folder that starts with "prnhp".

Tiny7 is busted, Windows Updates fail to work. I doubt that issue has been corrected. If you have a full Windows7 install then try looking for the driver storage location. Possibly the following path might have your printer driver but you have to manually sift through them to find the right one.

C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository

Check the folder starting with "prnhp005.inf", your printer driver might be in there or another folder that starts with "prnhp".

The drivers are there (and i have ways around updating), but when i install it, it gives me the "core drivers" aren't there.

@elohelomg:

Like what LeetPirate mentioned, Tiny 7 is busted.

I believe eXPerience will only release rev 2 once SP1 is out.

Their configurations sometimes can okay for people with special needs because of hardware or other limitations.. but really and truthfully.. I would never use them.. I mean for that matter you could use Hiren's and run MiniXP.. or w/e.. IMO... might even still have more functionality.. who knows.. LOL

If you insist on using this modded Win 7, you could do something to get those drivers.

Install real Windows 7 on a PC or VM and let it install printer drivers, then use a tool like double driver to backup ALL the drivers on the full Win 7 PC. Then use the driver tool to install those drivers on Tiny7.

I assume those drivers don't need a part of windows that Tiny7 ripped out. You are screwed in that case.

Archived