320GB Sony USB flash drive

ck_kent

So a co-worker of mine asked me if I have seen a 320GB flash drive. I said no, AFAIK there is none yet in the market with that capacity unless your talking about a portable HDD. Then he took out from his pocket a Sony Vaio 320GB flash drive. :o He said a friend of his is asking if it's a good buy for $45 and said it's brand new. My initial response was "Of course it is!"

I started searching Sony's website and Google if there really is such a product. I became doubtful when I couldn't find any information about it in any of Sony's website and Google. I've kept on searching and modified some keywords then I got to a page warning users about this over-sized flash drives (at the time being) which claims from branded companies like Kingston, Sony, to name a few, which are fake and is being sold on e-bay.

I tested the flash drive and found out that it's formatted to FAT32. I thought how is it that it's not formatted to NTFS? When FAT32 is only supported up to 32GB unless a software was used? I tried copying files to it and the files were copied. But then, the problem showed when I tried to put the flash drive to another computer. The files that got copied can't be accessed and were garbaged. But there were a few files that are still accessible. I checked those accessible files and found out that the total was less than 4GB.

I said to my co-worker that this flash drive is really fake. It's really just a 4GB flash drive. Any files copied beyond 4GB will get corrupted. I said to him to tell his friend that what you have right now is just an expensive 4GB flash drive. :frusty:

• Replies 7
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if they go to this length i wonder what other little surprises got installed

I think this is pretty common. My friend also bought some Chinese mp3 player with 32GB. She complained to me that she can put just a few songs, other won't play. After I tested it, I discovered it has only 64MB. :lol:

Cheers ;)

I think this is pretty common. My friend also bought some Chinese mp3 player with 32GB. She complained to me that she can put just a few songs, other won't play. After I tested it, I discovered it has only 64MB. :lol:

Cheers ;)

:rofl:

• Administrator

Nice info from both you guys. :)

Cheers ;)

chinese products are all imitation and good as garbage

You know somethings are just like sloppy seconds and we should all know better.. Really.. I have always felt that way even for times when I was low on cash and thought about getting something second-hand.. or find a bargain... It's like reusing a condom... not only will be virtually useless its a total let down.. and will fail at the most un-opportune time .. not to mention it may not fit...LOL :thumbsup:

mastermindsos

Hahaha.I was conned too before this.I bought a 16GB Kingston HyperX flash drive and it happened to be a defective product. When i checked the flash drive by using H2testw, it appeared to be a defective one. Well think twice or thrice before buying real cheap products.

Archived