Need help to understand directions

mara-

Hi guys,

This may sound weird, but I have trouble understanding directions explained on this page.

https://sites.google.com/site/i8910wizard/calendar/the-vmp-of-the-game/10282f0f-txt

I'm tweaking firmware for my phone, but I don't understand this directions. For example: This key is used in defining the angle for switching orientation from display up state to display right up. I probably can't translate this correctly to my language. Can somebody explain me few examples from the page? Thanks.

Cheers ;)

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That part in particular could refer to the accelerometer (which finds out whether you're holding the phone 'sideways' or 'the normal way').

Does that make sense?

Yes, it refers to accelerometer but I don't understand explanation. Look this for example: This key is used in defining the angle for switching orientation from display up state to display upwards. From Up to Upwards?

Cheers ;)

Shougle Translate: Jibberisch to Englisch.

This key is used in defining the angle for switching orientation from display up state to display upwards.

This key defines at whisch angle the orientation (menu, stuff like that) should switsch from vertical to horizontal.

(He just messed it up, or he was trying to say that because you turn the phone 90 degrees it will have to switch the screen 90 degrees as well so in fact the orientation will change from 'up' to 'still up' (relative to you), because you turn it 90 degrees and then the screen does the same, so it stays up. But I think he just messed up what he was trying to say ;))

OK, it might be. What about this then: display up state to display right up. Translate this please. :D

Cheers ;)

OK, it might be. What about this then: display up state to display right up. Translate this please. :D

Cheers ;)

Shougle Translate: Jibberisch to Englisch.

display up state to display upwards.

vertical to horizontal.

That would be it...

Archived