Windows Live Messenger 15.4.3502.922 Final

DKT27

• Administrator

My near cousin is running Windows 7 on just 1GB RAM, daily usage. :D

The others you are saying about, well, I feel that number may not be too high.

• Replies 49
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The others you are saying about, well, I feel that number may not be too high.

be that as it may; it doesn't change the fact that there are ppl like that.

My near cousin is running Windows 7 on just 1GB RAM, daily usage. :D

How well does Windows 7 run on just 1 GB of RAM?

My old Windows XP machine only has 1 GB of RAM and that is the physical limit of the machine. I can't add any more RAM to it :( :'( (I bought it with 512 MB of RAM).

Okay.. just food for thought.. I have Windows 7 Ultimate.. running on a system that was built around the year 2000..

Its an HP360n.. 1.6GHz AMD Athlon, 512 MB RAM.. 32 MB Video Card.. A few optimizations later.. and it runs fine everywhere.. except areas which like DirectX.. ( mind you it is slow - but so is XP on this machine ) because the card is only capable of version 6... New applications run fine.. and most features are available.. No complaint out of the people I put it together for except things they don't understand...

So technically I would just like to mention that this may be an option for you anyway.. even if you think your system will not handle it.. or it will cost you too much.. PLUS.. and this one that I am happy about.. You can use this system.. get the programs setup and adjustments for the change.. learn the system and your security... and have one that you can transfer over to a new system.. as soon as your finally ready or able to get a good system for the OS.. and then a whole new world of features will probably come about.. of course.. but it will be all 'in the hat'..

Just saying.. I think its possible.. and would be something to do.. IF you wanted to go that way.. when you get ready.. Truthfully my system on the same hardware as XP.. seems lighter using Windows 7.. I think it comes from it simply being improved and written better .. and also for programs and apps of today.. with concerns for more recent issues... Maybe I am just a one in a million.. but thats just what I see..

• Administrator

Well, my both cousin use it for internet usage and run IE8 quite smoothly. Aero enabled. M$ doesn't recommend it though. But they also have good security apps running. I say, just make an partition and try, if it works good then ok, if not than you can remove it. :)

your going off-topic :D

I installed this 2011 version - seems to be running fine. I wish there was more lil tweaks like apatch around to totaly clean up messenger.

• Administrator

New version of A-Patch just released today, probably supporting WLM 2011. I'll see if I can find the links. :D

EDIT: Yup, it now supports the latest 2011 WLM. Check the post number 2 on this thread for the links.

New version of A-Patch just released today, probably supporting WLM 2011. I'll see if I can find the links. :D

EDIT: Yup, it now supports the latest 2011 WLM. Check the post number 2 on this thread for the links.

Yep i know i got it, apatch has died over the year this one has only 5-10 options. failing to remove the add-banner under the contacts list :)

Then it has officially become completely useless.. and is being shredded from my archive.. same reason I didn't use it on Yahoo Mess.. but I really don't even use the real interfaces anymore anyway..

The apps and everything seem to be looking good.. if you use it.. Then download and update.. Plus they have a new version of Mesh..

ROMANTICGUY50

LOL... I dunno.. XP won't even be supported after awhile.. sort of like NT and 95..

I still like XP and will stay with it as long as possible...I would have to upgrade my puter I have 1 gig of ram.....Just dont want to spend the money.. First comes version 7 then 8. I dont think so

So sorry for double on a triple.. post.. BUT.. I am quite angry about these apps right.. now.. Every time I open them .. any of them.. they start bouncing off my firewall like lemmings.. Quite annoying.. anyone know who to solve it besides creating a Deny Rule?.. ( It a given for the ones that require next.. but not the Photo Gallery.. )

Just wondering because I get tired of denying it every single time especially when I working on something..

• Administrator

Just saw that WLM has installed "D3DX10". Means it needs DX10 installed. Probably a reason behind XP not supported. Unofficially, there's a DX10 available for XP, but that doesn't mean a XP user will get past that problem easily.

• 3 weeks later...

A-Patch updated to completely remove ad-banner on WLM 2011 final :)

A-Patch updated for Windows Live Messenger 2011 (15.4.3502.0922)

Changelog (1.43 build 10):

New: Ad Banner completely removed! Thanks to a brainstorming session with user bedrock, I was able to completely remove the ad banner from the contact list.

Feature: Remove advertisement from main window.

Feature: Remove text advertisement in the IM window.

Feature: Polygamy - open more than one Messenger at once.

Feature: Remove the "See More Offerings" items in the file menus.

Feature: Remove "Featured" section from the Emoticons "more" dialog box.

Added to the listing

I tried with "all Options" checked.

And then, WLM doesn't disconnect and the WLM process keep in the task manager...

• Administrator

Uncheck that allow WLM multiple times in tray in A-Patch. ;)

Uncheck that allow WLM multiple times in tray in A-Patch. ;)

Thanks it works now.

I had not thought to it. :D

(+1 added)

++

• Administrator

You're welcome. :)

When using A-Patch, I made sure that I didn't click allow WLM multiple times. I was sure that it was going to give problems.

Archived