Free software for playing blu-ray on comp...

nclr11111

Need advice on free software that are capable of playing Blu-ray discs on computer.

Cracked apps (patched, trialresetters and so on...) are NOT an option as the user is very specific about the importance of legal material.

Anyone knows of any capable of this???

• Replies 5
  • Views 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uhmmm, Blu-Ray discs contain regular video format, so all you need is a Blu-Ray player (physical device), the required codec (for the video format on it, K-Lite Codec Pack would work for sure) and a video player (WMP, MPC or anything else).

Ok, thats embarrassing. :doh:

I thought you needed a software, like BS player pro or eq.

Only codec needed? Ok thanx for enlighten me!

• Administrator

Install K-Lite Codec Pack found on frontpage (nsane.down). It's free. This will allow you to play most of the known media in Windows Media Player.

Another option is VLC Player, freeware, it doesn't need any additional codecs. Will play just anything. :)

Media Player Classic - Home Cinema, and/or SPlayer.. I think that the discs will play but on the other end of things you need something that will also give the output and also give HD quality.. so your looking at a good monitor.. with 1080 capability.. and a system that has the hardware.. thats about it.. This includes Video Card and so on..

First your CD/DVD rom must support Blue-Ray, if not then your rom drive will not be able to read the format.

If you have to buy a Blue-ray compatible Rom drive, they usually come with the software included for free (OEM version of Nero Media Suite).

Or you can use just about any media player as long as you have the correct codec package installed.

Thanks.:D

Archived