update error

implague

hey guys i am facing this strange problem i recently install win7 Ultimate x64 on my pc i am trying to update thhrough M$ updates everything goes fine except this update KB2032276 this update fails to install on my PC and i get this error code 8007065E so i manually download this update frm M$ site still having the same problem need help ASAP

• Replies 11
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey guys i am facing this strange problem i recently install win7 Ultimate x64 on my pc i am trying to update thhrough M$ updates everything goes fine except this update KB2032276 this update fails to install on my PC and i get this error code 8007065E so i manually download this update frm M$ site still having the same problem need help ASAP

A security issue has been identified that could allow an unauthenticated remote attacker to compromise your system and gain control over it. You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this update, you may have to restart your system.

im going to assume you are nto the posting back in july about the same problem you are having

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms10-043.mspx

maybe the update is buggy still? ms solve is ot update your auto update :P

A Microsoft Support Moderator gave an answer here: Windows 7 Update - Trying to install security update KB2032276-Keep getting Error Code 8007065E

1. Is this the only update that fails to install on your computer?

2. What are the problems you are having with the Internet Explorer on certain sites?

The problem could possibly related however depends on different things.

I suggest that you try to install the update manually by downloading it from the Microsoft download center if it fails to install from Windows update.

You can follow the below link and download the update:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=33EC8C0E-1617-46BF-BD7F-2CE750F89D7F&displaylang=en

Download the update and save it.

If still fails to install, set your computer to clean boot and try to install the update once more.

a. Click Start, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.

b. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.

c. On the General tab, click Selective Startup.

d. Under Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.

e. Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.

f. Click OK.

g. When you are prompted, click Restart.

h. After the computer starts, try to do the upgrade.

Refer this article for more information on clean boot:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Also, see the section on how return your computer to a Normal startup mode by following the steps under “Reset the computer to start as usual”, after performing the clean boot troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Irfan H, Microsoft Answers Support Engineer. Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

@Night owl i read that before and did exactly the same in that link but still i am unable to install that update

i manually dnld that update on my HDD n try to install still it gives error

In addition to the products that are listed in the "Applies To" section, this article applies to the following products:

* Windows 7 Professional for Embedded Systems

* Windows 7 Ultimate for Embedded Systems

Is your Windows 7 for Embedded systems?... http://www.metacrawler.com/clickserver/_iceUrlFlag=1?rawURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.microsoft.com%2Fwindowsembedded%2Fen-us%2Fproducts%2Fweenterprise%2Fsystems-vista.mspx&0=&1=0&4=75.23.219.225&5=75.23.219.225&9=0f52d1e54a43483392ca55c4da5ecb01&10=1&11=info.metac&13=search&14=239138&15=main-title&17=4&18=1&19=0&20=3&21=1&22=plR%2FFvEICTw%3D&40=9l1PewTDjtCDQKQXFgBLXA%3D%3D&_IceUrl=true If not hide the update and move on...and in some cases.. just in case... You must install all updates and pre-requisites.. or actually have things actively in use/installed into your configuration for them to properly enable the installation.. in some cases a reboot.. and retry ( same times it takes a few - one or two )..

If all else fails you could also try to use the Patch Registration Cleanup Utility.. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=0a162694-4d9d-4676-8283-1ba674374d71&displaylang=en ... can be useful at times...

@dcs

not working infact i did the in safe mod too

i like to know how important this update is is it fine if i skip that? :ph34r:

Look here for the vulnerability details... http://www.cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2009-3678

If you use Aero on Windows 7 x64... The Canonical Display Driver is used... if you do not have Aero installed/capable or used..then it may not even allow installation.. You may be able to update if you enable it.. ( possibly )..

I am guessing that what I suggested above did not work either... This could be caused by something simple.. a service disabled or system change somewhere... doing some searches and finding out more about the targeted subject in the update could help you back track to any of these changes ... and possibly enable the system to allow the installation or detection of the targeted files to update.. if these components are disabled it would make sense that the installer for these files would also be denied.. and changes or access to them...( while some of this is ignored in some cases, there are instances where not the direct target.. but a second or third service or extension is disabled which is needed ).. and Windows Update is giving you this update because it effects according to what I just found.. not just Embedded systems.. ( which are from x64 ) but ALL version of Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7 x64... So it will naturally be listed as an important update..

yed i disabled my media features like windows DVD maker.mediacentre and media player do u think this can cause the problem :(

Did you disable any features connected to something provided by Aero... like thumbnails... Aero Peek... Is your system even able to run Aero? DirectX 9?

While some features may seem to be media related ( other than the ones you have listed .. cause it wouldn't seem that just those would cause it.. ) may be provided by Aero.. and may need to be enabled..

nop i didnt disable nething infact i reenable the media devices n try to update still the same error

Archived