?AppzNet?

john1

• Replies 13
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anybody know what's going on at the AppzNet site? Seems to be down for quite a few days.

I haven't a clue. Been getting a error message for days now. I see there old forum is still around, but not active. I hope that they come back.

Anybody know what's going on at the AppzNet site? Seems to be down for quite a few days.

I haven't a clue. Been getting a error message for days now. I see there old forum is still around, but not active. I hope that they come back.

I hope they're back soon too!

It's another site much like this one. Many names here also go there too.

JunkInternetMail

People...I'm going to break it down for you...

A man who owned a bunch of warez sites in russia hosted the homepages/sites for a bunch of www cracking teams...

He also ran ftps and file hosting services. He was in mid chat with one of these leaders and told the leader he had to go...cops...

3 days later after disappearing he showed up and explained why so many sites/ftps/fileshares were down. They took him for questioning and his server for inspection...

He swears to this day he erased the server's contents before they go to it...but he won't speak publicly about it...he only sends his russian translators.

Now, after all this, TSRH, SND, and REVENGE's homepages are/were down. Their forums were all hosted elsewhere.

However, several private FTPs owners who were distros for these teams and others were mailed about bandwidth usage and/or illegal site content.

Some additional teams affected were Team RES == AppzNet guys, ICU, TPORT, etc.

Sure, astalavista guys offered free stuff but on a daily basis one team after another is struggling to keep their doors open.

Either their sites, distros, or forums fall one after another, etc.

Shit is not looking good and in my estimation is because of poor security practices...special thanks to the TSRH+ICU Admins for explaining this situation to me.

Nice to have friends in places...

P.S. This is NOT an Aprils Fools gag...this is all legit...becareful where you visit.

Thanks for the info. & "heads-up" JunkInternetMail. I did notice a few other sites went down around the same time as AppzNet. That really sucks! :blink:

P.S. This is NOT an Aprils Fools gag...this is all legit...becareful where you visit.

Can you get in trouble just for visiting a site????? Don't mean to sound stupid.......

JunkInternetMail

Well technically you couldn't get in trouble for visiting a site however, if your ip was logged as visiting a site which was being investigated and they wanted to randomly check the activities out of certains IPs I guess you would be leaving a nice trails for them to follow...

I'm NOT trying to scare people here...just empower them with information...I want to make that abundantly clear...

I'm quite possibly the #1 supporter/networking guy in the www scene so you should know where I stand...never doubt that.

The King Of Warez site went down the same day as Appznet. I notice it is back again now and everything seems OK there.

The King Of Warez site went down the same day as Appznet. I notice it is back again now and everything seems OK there.

Not literally the "King of Warez" though, right? :nono:

A name is just a name mate, not a reality.

It looks like Appznet may be soon to be 'resurrected' yet again if you visit their site!

It is all very much Easter isn't it?

A name is just a name mate, not a reality.

It looks like Appznet may be soon to be 'resurrected' yet again if you visit their site!

It is all very much Easter isn't it?

I see that. I truly hope they bring their forum back, they were nice guys over there.

:hitit:

The new site has a .biz ext. now

Yes, it's great they are back! :D

Archived