Hitman Pro

csmdew

Hitman is no longer working for me and would like to know of another program that is as good at finding the bad boys that the antivirus programs don't. I have malwarebytes but before hitman stopped working it showed several bad files that were not reported by av or malwarebytes. Any suggestion is appreciated, thanks.

• Replies 14
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you say quit working.. you mean... what.. have you tried downloading and re-installing? Is your trial just run out?.. and what files did it pick-up..

Hitman is no longer working for me and would like to know of another program that is as good at finding the bad boys that the antivirus programs don't. I have malwarebytes but before hitman stopped working it showed several bad files that were not reported by av or malwarebytes. Any suggestion is appreciated, thanks.

i dont get what youre trying to say here, what you mean stopped working. you should be precise and specific. anyway just try eset, its a staff pick.

First off, stopped working means stopped working, would not work, finito; but secondly I just did a rollback to a date before the mistake of trying norton av again and got it back up. Norton tried to romove several of my programs using that new sonar crap it has. Back to nod where I should of have stayed. Thanks anyways.

Never heard of Norton Sonar deleting Hitman Pro or other good programs.I have it on Aggressive and no FP. This doesn't means your problem is not real!

Not that I'm saying go back to Norton (it totally messed up my right click functions in any file manager that I used during the Beta phase), but you can in settings tell NAV to ask before quarantining anything.

Thats why I couldn't get on with Norton. Always deleting my stuff without asking. Im guessing it was a cured copy.

That's one of the major reasons why a :pirate: prefers NOD32 over Norton. ;)

Now that I have gone back to nod can't get name and password to update; nodlogin says need to exclude ulisessoft from filtered list. I have done everything I can to remove from filtered list but the prompt still comes up; I even turned off the protocal filtering and still doesn't work...any suggestions, thanks.

norton AV is steal ware!! crash ware!!

Reminds me of McAfee.. :lmao:

Did you check your HIDS section? and properly configure the connection? Is your firewall n interactive or learning mode?

norton AV is steal ware!! crash ware!!

Reminds me of McAfee.. :lmao:

still can't beat the king of s**t, BitDefender!

Gone into advanced mode and put ulisesoft in the alow list for filtering but still won't work. Firewal is interactive I assume since I have changed it from initial install.

LOL...Yeah I remember one of my AV Engine in GDATA was BitDefender... didn't use it that long though.. to get full protection as tested you have to run them both..

Archived