Zone Alarm Scareware?

Lite

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going by the comments of most of the Users of the 'free' ZoneAlarm, this ScareWare tactic doesn't seem to have gone well and could boomerang on future revenues.

It says "Global Virus Alert". But the "your pc may be in danager" and stuff makes it look like your pc is really infected :x Fail! Another trick to steal money...

• Administrator

I have a bad memory, but I believe it's the second time ZoneAlarm has done something like this. First time it was a bit less serious threat.

You know like how companies that make imitation butter, margarine they call it, they always make claims like "may keep your heart healthy" etc. Total hogwash of course. I could sell a bottle of water and say "may help you win the lottery" and of course it may very well do that by keeping you hydrated to go buy your ticket but some things are just outrageous and stupid. The fact is that there are plenty stupid people out there and from a business perspective it would be wrong to not take advantage of their stupidity to get their money before someone else does it. Companies always use uncertain words like "may" because they know their claims are untrue and if they actually put anything definitive then it will leave them open to legal confrontation.

Archived