Ships Ahoy - S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl

3NIGM4

THQ Ships S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl announces the U.S. release of GSC Game World's long-in-development first-person shooter (thanks Gamer's Hell):

AGOURA HILLS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--THQ Inc. (NASDAQ:THQI - News) today announced that critically-acclaimed S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl has shipped exclusively for Windows PC. Offering a unique combination of First-Person Shooter (FPS) and Survival-Horror action, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl gives gamers unprecedented freedom to explore the devastated exclusion zone that surrounds the Chernobyl power plant following a second apocalyptic explosion. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl is now available at retail outlets nationwide for the suggested price of $39.99.

About S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl

In 1986, the world's most horrific nuclear disaster took place in Chernobyl. After subsequent unexplained explosions in 2006, a military exclusion zone is set up preventing access to the area. Stories of huge anomalous energy disturbances and sightings of strange creatures within the Zone are widespread. Players assume the role of a S.T.A.L.K.E.R., a mercenary paid by scientists and other undisclosed groups, who is trying to regain his memory. Players will experience a unique "Survival-Shooter" game that combines action, stealth, survival and Role-Playing Game (RPG) elements to create an incomparable experience in the Zone. Developed by GSC Game World, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl delivers an immersive storyline that seamlessly blends with a living, breathing, non-linear open-world environment featuring accurately modelled real-word buildings and locations from around the devastated Chernobyl power plant.

• Replies 4
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah looks interesting, i like post-apocalyptic game. I was a big fan of the ''fallout'' atmosphere. I hope it wont be outdated, i heard it wasnt graphically good as fear or oblivion. Of course gameplay is the key...

Wow! I downloaded this game and it **really** kicks ass. Tho the patch screws up the savegames and is worth applying, make sure you do it first.

*eBait might even go buy this game*

Wow! I downloaded this game and it **really** kicks ass. Tho the patch screws up the savegames and is worth applying, make sure you do it first.

*eBait might even go buy this game*

Thanks for bringing that up, I'll do that first.

Archived