Malwarebytes 1.46 & latest update is blocking nsane

Ultravires

Hi guys, is anyone able to view the home page of nsanedown? I am using the latest malwarebytes program with the most recent updates and it seems to be blocking off the nsanedown site, is this happening for anyone else?

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nope, no problems over here m8

after the update, everything is working just fine :unsure:

• Administrator

Website IP blocking is a buggy feature in MBAM that uselessly blocks good websites. It should always be disabled. If something wrong is entering to your computer via internet, your AV & MBAM's scanning feature will catch it anyway.

Hi guys, is anyone able to view the home page of nsanedown? I am using the latest malwarebytes program with the most recent updates and it seems to be blocking off the nsanedown site, is this happening for anyone else?

Well sure something is wrong :s because I also can't open News and updates frontpage. I can open nsaneforums page just fine, it's only the frontpage. Anyone else have the same problem ??

Well sure something is wrong :s because I also can't open News and updates frontpage. I can open nsaneforums page just fine, it's only the frontpage. Anyone else have the same problem ??

nope.....I never once experienced what you guys just described.

but then again, I have my protection module set to off, and mbam's service set to manual....what about the rest of you?

but then again, I have my protection module set to off, and mbam's service set to manual....what about the rest of you?

+1

Website IP blocking is a buggy feature in MBAM that uselessly blocks good websites. It should always be disabled. If something wrong is entering to your computer via internet, your AV & MBAM's scanning feature will catch it anyway.

+1 added ^^

Registry Switches for Controlling IP-Blocking in MBAM 1.41

Create the indicated registry value (labeled as key | value) with the indicated data and reboot to enforce the policies below. All of the values are of type DWORD. In order to create a registry value, open the Registry Editor (Start -> Run -> regedit), navigate to the key listed, and then right-click in the right-hand panel and choose New -> DWORD.

1) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware | silentipmode

Description: With a DWORD value of 1, the protection module will block and log IPs silently.

2) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware | startipdisabled

Description: With a DWORD value of 1, IP blocking will start disabled on reboot, although it can be enabled subsequently.

3) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware | disableipblocking

Description: With a DWORD value of 1, IP blocking will be permanently disabled (cannot be toggled).

Note that, on 64-bit editions of Windows, the registry values that AdvancedSetup mentioned are located in the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

++

Archived