Screen Shot query!

anemones2

Is there anyway instead of being copied to clipboard,

by pressing print screen it takes a screen capture and saves it ? automatically.

without using much ram, like some program.

just something which is activated only with the button push and deactivates itself when the task is complete.

• Replies 20
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ifranview

Irfan view is a good image program, for basic stuff yes.

but What I mean is...

For example you press print screen, then open Irfan View paste, and save.

I want to just Press printscrn, and it automatically saves the capture in a folder some where. And doesn't like.. run in the back ground to monitor the button push waiting for it to happen haha.

Kind of like in a steam game for example day of defeat, you press f5 and it saves a screen shot in the dod folder directory. Doesn't take you out of game or anything, just default names it.

Looking for something to do that, but for any time I press print screen.

Thanks for all of your suggestions, let me know again if your suggestion still fits.

ps. not some hefty program. Maybe just a windows tweak.

• Administrator

Even I'm in search for one. Fraps only works for games. And Snagit is too much for me. So far I've been using Prt Scr + PS CS5. But I'll like something that runs in the background, has no tray icon and is light. Or anything similar. :hehe:

hehe i'm on xp.

and like i posted, I want the smallest program possible, just to capture a screen shot, nothing fancy.

p.s. try gadwin man, 15. ram max. when open.

has icon in tray.

simple user interface, not ugly !

also! I found. HoverSnap http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm

Same deal apparently, but it can capture layered screens!

I havn't tried it yet so I can't really comment.

but gadwin screenshot is great thus far, it saves then opens in irfan view for me.

i'll not have it open in any program, just experimenting.

And Snagit is too much for me.

. . . . . . . . appreciate your honesty :lol:

I'll like something that runs in the background, has no tray icon

SnagIt can be configured to run the 'Editor' in the background with possibility of changes to the tray icon appearance.

and is light. Or anything similar. :hehe:

IMO, SnagIt is not light . . . . . . as compared to other screenshot programs - it's definitely lighter than PS5, though :P

LOL.. Uhmm yeah.. PS5 is a little heavy for a screenshot.. ( but on a professional looking edit .. :thumbsup: ) Plus there isn't really any optimizing unless you open it in Fireworks.. which is quite good for the exportation to web ...

Followed the thread on for awhile... I really have only ever used PrtScr, FastStone, and Winsnap.. both of them have an editor and options on how to optimize them before saving.. and were best on that...Good tools but I have yet to see one do precisely what your talking about..

gadwin does what i'm after, apart from the running in the back ground thing,

I'd rather it use .9 ram, not 8.0 min.

don't mind the tray icon, it's useful. smaaall program. well 2 mb > _>

http://www.softpedia.com/progScreenshots/EasyCapture-Screenshot-88580.html

can capture scrolling windows.

and the other one I posted layered windows (multiple windows: don't know if it captures scolling windows also)

• Administrator

Just tried Screenhunter Pro. Is good, but not great. Will try FastStone later.

ifranview

Tried my heart out, but couldn't make a screenshot with 'irfanview' - would like to see your tutorial . . . . . . . . . :unsure:

Oh sorry, bad wording on my part.

http://download.cnet.com/Gadwin-PrintScreen/3000-2094_4-10123018.html?tag=mncol

with that, you can select a editing program to link it to, doesn't need one, just saves screen capture.

and copies to clipboard if you select that option, and a cupple of other options simultaneously.

so it saves the capture, then opens it in irfan view for me.

it opens a preview window though if you like it to, to verify you want to output the capture, i.e. have it saved.

but you can deselect preview capture so it is automatically saved. preview window has some minor quality options,

and redirect save folder option. which of course is in the main window also when you click the task bar icon.

i'm starting to realise how many times i accidentally push prtscrn

• Administrator

Thanks for the software anemones2. :)

I'm liking this Gadwin Printscreen. Will stick to it. ^_^

Archived