NOD32 fix 2.2 causes issues with remote desktop connection

Guest blitzout

Guest blitzout

I've seen this on both of my Windows XP machines after I installed the nsane Fix 2.2 for NOD32.

Once I installed the fix, when I turn on one of my computers and try to remote desktop connect to it it says that my user profile is corrupt and creates a new one. But If I login on the account on the remote computer (manually) then try to do a remote connection it works fine. This happens everytime and only after I installed the fix.

I've been searching around for a solution to this or other people that have had this problem but can seem to find anyone. Has anyone else seen this problem if so how can this be fixed?

Also I'm currently running a Vista machine and when I tried to remote connect to my xp machine I got the same message but this time it really corrupted my user profile on my XP machine. My entire desktop, user profile my documents were wiped out.

Any help is appreciated

• Replies 4
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JunkInternetMail

I think I found your problem:

...I'm currently running a Vista machine...

It's quite possible the two OSes don't network well together...

Guest blitzout
I think I found your problem:
...I'm currently running a Vista machine...

It's quite possible the two OSes don't network well together...

i had the same problem with xp

JunkInternetMail

Are you installing the fix correctly?

As in regular path and not rebooting after NOD install?

B/C I've never heard of any problems using a NOD FIX nor have I experienced any myself...and I've installed NOD+FIX well over 100 times...without any errors...

I have been using the FiX 2.2 for NOD32 and remote desktop works fine for me, no hitches. I run WinXPProSp2 with NOD32 on both my PC desktop and Intel Macbook (WinXPProSp2 via Bootcamp and Parallels). I don't have any trouble. I suggest you reinstall Windows and try again. I really don't think that the FiX even changes anything that has to do with Remote Desktop. And since you're the first person with this issue, I suspect it's something within your configuration.

Also, Vista sucks. :P

Archived