Uniblue Scareware

Dotnetnightmare

Dotnetnightmare

Seems Uniblue has joined the ranks of scareware. I installed the Powersuite as shareware and it ran a registry analysis finding 258 registry errors. Of those errors 100 were "High Risk" I then licensed my software and ran the exact same tests. This time it found 89 errors total, none of them being "High Risk". They must have magically vanished in the few minutes it took to license it. This is a Microsoft Gold Partner? I will definitely think twice before trusting the "Gold Standard" as being a certificate of outstanding software awarded by Microsoft to deserving writers.

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is why me and MS cant be friends, always pirate MS material, and always pirate uniblue shit too lol

Uniblue has always made rogue products, this is not nothing new. The worst part is the aggressive ads online especially when you update your Firefox extensions for Adblock Plus, NoScript, etc.

I know why many trusted applications use Uniblue ads, surely they known that they are a rogue vendor. And could you believe that Uniblue is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner?

Here is a list of their software- http://www.uniblue.com/software/

Beware all are crapware rogue products.

Thanks.:)

• Administrator

Most of the "Microsoft Gold Certified Partners" I've seen are fake.

Archived