Best software to lock my personal folders ?

muhib

Hey everyone I am back again I wanna ask you guys about a fool proof, easy to use software which I can use on my computer to lock my personal folders or files so that no one can access them without entering the correct password....I have done the password protected rar files but there are some softwares on the internet that claim to break rar passwords and also they are difficult to edit when you have RARed them....also I've tried folder lock but its not the best solution cause it has some problems sometimes it leaves the LOCK folder open even when I close the software...so what do you guys say which one should I try

PC Specs :

1.7 GHz Intel pentium 4 processor

1 GB of Memory

Operating System :

MS Windows XP Professional 32-bit SP3

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I'm using Folder Lock from many months without any problems. It's posted here somewhere. ;)

trust me bro if there r two or more users( imean Accounts) then these r simply useless simply use the trick that reanme the folder and iconed it as recycle bin and simply hide that i guess there is a trick in the forum related to this or simply googled for this

BillyBootlace

What folders ?

That's what they'll be saying when you use Universal Shield.

http://www.everstrike.com/

It does an excellent job, even protecting you should someone try to bypass it via SafeMode.

Offers complete 'stealth' operation as well, no one will know it's there.

You don't need any prog at all to do this.

You just need notepad and a few lines of code.

you just password protect with .Bat file if i member right. (2 .BAT files 1 for locking 1 for unlocking)

the code is posted on the forum somewhere

• Administrator

Folder lock 6 makes me a lot bsod :) (winfldrv.sys related)

RAR is difficult to break, if you using a strong password

Only had a BSOD once. All the other time, it just crashes. :whistle:

You don't need any prog at all to do this.

You just need notepad and a few lines of code.

you just password protect with .Bat file if i member right. (2 .BAT files 1 for locking 1 for unlocking)

the code is posted on the forum somewhere

Completely agree it's an old school trick and works ;)

But there's a neat Freeware with same concept called Protect Me !

Protect Me is a portable and small application that can accumulate several files inside a single EXE file. This EXE file is locked using a user defined password.

It is simple and too easy to use and needs no further complicated configurations. As you start the application you have to drag and drop files or folders inside the application to add them. When you have completed adding files enter a password for the EXE to be created. You can also choose icon of the created file, use the default icon or use no icon. When done press the Create Container button to make the .EXE file in your desired location.

After the EXE is created you can click on it enter the password and select the files to be extracted from the EXE container or save files in the container to your desired location. It uses SHA1 and AES to ensure privacy and security of your data.

Enjoy... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

im using folder lock also, there recommendation are all great, the softwares and the basic programing that sonar introduces. if you want more, here is the most basic of all, just right click the folder then click propertise then hit hidden in the attributes. :rofl:

You can also use AxCrypt , Free

AxCrypt is the leading open source file encryption software for Windows. It integrates seamlessly with Windows to compress, encrypt, decrypt, store, send and work with individual files.

http://www.axantum.com/axcrypt/

:)

Archived