Right click menu

avmad

I've managed to accumulate a lot of items on my right click menu. You know right click for paste, properties, scan with this and that etc.

Problem is its too big :o I use most of them and would prefer to keep them there, but im having to click down to see the lower ones.

Any ideas about how to make the list smaller or customize it into more than one column? Or any other neat tricks, settings.

I've looked around and all I can find is how to add more options :frusty: This is for windows 7 ult.Be nice to customize or make it smaller rather than moving them around in the list or deleting anything.

Cheers, im off to bed :x

• Replies 5
  • Views 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CFi Shell Toys 7.1 offers a utility that allows you to manage this area in detail.. Without permanently deleting any items.. You can move items that are rarely used that you would like to have access too down to a new menu which is called Rarely Used or anything you want it to be.. Click on it and it expands to reveal these items.. Next.. you can opt to Hide Items as well.. allowing you to hide them and still access them later or even put them back.. Recommended by me.. as I had the same problem.. my Context Menu was twice as long as the height of my screen.. now it fits well with it.. My Hotkeys work more efficiently when on the Menu and go to what I want them to....

Now then next thing I recommend is using Windows 7 Manager to actually manage valid entries in the Context Menu.. It will allow you to scan and delete or modify these entries .. ( actually I would do this first ).. So say you have an entry for HitMan Pro to scan file does it even do that? ) ... well that's all well and good if it was valid and worked.. however if it doesn't.. and shows up in red in the Context Menu manager then you can remove it from even being loaded...or even being an entry..

Lots of little Context menu toys out there.. including transparency and full glass Context Menus..

Thats better :dance2: Only got 45 day trial of CFi Shell Toys though, so will all settings return to before when the trial runs out? Need to get a license as it looks like a good bit of software.

Thanks again guys. :)

Thats better :dance2: Only got 45 day trial of CFi Shell Toys though, so will all settings return to before when the trial runs out? Need to get a license as it looks like a good bit of software.

Thanks again guys. :)

Yeah it is.. I have customized it quite a bit.. Though it does offer so much.. there are quite a few that are just simply better off left to an application that has been devoted to it and developed specifically for it.. like Transcoding files and few others.. to some degree.. but I really I don't know what I would do without it.. Batch Rename has really made me angry.. it used to do an unlimited amount of files.. since the version upgrade it will only do 16 max at a time.. I literally was ripping my computer apart looking registry entries .. and looking in programs to see if I had limited it or something...I have found it true for two machines... unless something is wrong with one of the files that may need to be replaced.. or something.. Definitely some handy features..

Archived