PSJailbreak cloned, released, freely available

DKT27

• Administrator

The PSJailbreak hardware may be held up by the Australian courts, but to the surprise of no one, the code behind the project has been reverse-engineered and is now freely available online. You'll need the code, a PlayStation 3, and a USB microcontroller in order to open your system. Oddly enough, sales of such devices seem to be in the middle of a spike.

As of this writing, the ability to play backed-up or copied games has been disabled in the code, but that won't last long. The genie is completely out of the bottle, and now that the code is floating around the expected sites, Sony has few options to stop its dissemination.

Once the PlayStation 3 was hacked it was only a matter of time before the software was made available free of charge; there are simply too many risks involved with selling this sort of thing via a standard storefront, and too many people more interested in the software's spread than profit. We have not tried the hack ourselves—and likely never will—so tread very carefully when downloading code from the Internet and using it to attempt to crack your PlayStation 3. There are some very technical details available on how exactly the exploit works if you've ever wondered how the hackers made an end run around Sony's safeguards.

view.gif View: Original Article

• Replies 7
  • Views 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what PS3 systems CAN play PS2 games!!!?? i thought out of anybody you DKT27 could tell me!! TIA! -peace

The first fat PS3 played them, and the second fat PS3 used a emulation chip (so only the oldest of the PS3s).

This since it leads to being able to install stuff could let you install a PS2 emulator down the line though, which is why I am watching this. I hate having to switch from PS2 to PS3 to play the games.

PS: I heard it may be possible to port the code to PSPs, iPhones and TI-84 calculators. Jailbreaking my PS3 with my 3GS would be awesome and easier than making one of these USB sticks.

question. is it any usb memory stick will work with it? or have to be this USB microcontroller?

i find it funny that someone release the code but went in and disable play backup and copy. something doesnt sound right

question. is it any usb memory stick will work with it? or have to be this USB microcontroller?

i find it funny that someone release the code but went in and disable play backup and copy. something doesnt sound right

No it has to be certain microcontrollers.

The people who cloned this disabled backup to slow dumping games but its only a matter of time due to the code being open source for there to be code with it reenabled.

Also you can be banned on PSN easily by running dumped games since their game id gets set to LAUN-12345. Sony could ban anyone with this.

The people who cloned this disabled backup to slow dumping games but its only a matter of time due to the code being open source for there to be code with it reenabled.

Also you can be banned on PSN easily by running dumped games since their game id gets set to LAUN-12345. Sony could ban anyone with this.

but one slhouldnt get ban for legally buying and owning a game and jsut wanting it on the harddrive so ithe disk doesnt break or get scratched and for faster load time. thats the whole point of it. thats way jailbreaks are legal in the usa. its nohting more then a no cd program.

• Administrator

If they ban you for jailbreaking and you are staying in US, just sue them. :evil:

but one slhouldnt get ban for legally buying and owning a game and jsut wanting it on the harddrive so ithe disk doesnt break or get scratched and for faster load time. thats the whole point of it. thats way jailbreaks are legal in the usa. its nohting more then a no cd program.

This is Sony we're talking about. Look what they did to OtherOS and at the time nothing usable was out. Would not surprise me if they have considered USB Disable :lol: .

today seems to be a big day for ps3

i've seen alot of ps3 games rips all over the internet supporting the jailbreak

this is amazing !

Archived