Dell, Alienware Start Selling Towers with 1TB Drives

3NIGM4

Article

Got a need for some extra storage space? Dell and Alienware just added the option for you to slap a 1 terabyte drive in one of their XPS, Area 51, or Aurora towers. That's a hell of a lot of space, although whether or not it's smarter to spread your storage out over multiple drives with less capacity or to consolidate everything into one gigantic drive is up for debate. It looks like getting the 1TB bragging rights will cost you $320 more than a 500GB drive, but it's only $20 more than having a 1TB RAID with 2 500GB drives.

Man, 1TB drives… it feels like some sort of milestone, doesn't it? I remember back in the day when I had a 1GB drive and I had to delete an MP3 if I wanted to download a new one. That sucked. –Adam Frucci

• Replies 6
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm rockin a 300GB SATA seagate, bought it for $90 over a year ago. only have like 15GB free too :)

• 2 months later...

After reading this article, I had a check on a site I've purchased from before; Mesh Computers.

Anyway they seem to be offering 1.5TB storage albeit on 3 x 500GB drives. The upgrade fee from the 750GB standard is £130 ($257~) to get the 1.5TB.

160Gb + 160Gb + 40Gb (5-6 year old) HDDs here...

But yeah... its getting full as well with all those dope movies... :rolleyes:

I guess I would wait just for something radical in storage industry to come up... before planning to upgrade

By the way my 1st drive was just 600 Mb with 8 Mb RAM.... I used to use program to free memory and used to find 0.5 Mb free RAM.. man those old days

Hehehe. Just copied over 100gb music of a friend, my 320gb sata2 drive is filled for 2/3rd already too :rolleyes:.. after only 6 months o_O

160GB + 250GB + 250GB here and only about 80GB free :rolleyes:

I remember my old Acorn A3000, I paid £120 for 1MB of RAM back in 1989ish! How things change eh?!?!

Archived