Virtual CD/DVD writer

anuraag

I was wondering if any virtual CD/DVD writer software exists. I am not looking for something to burn an .iso file to an

actual cd, but a piece of software that creates a virtual cd/dvd writer on my computer so another piece of software thinks it's writing to a cd but is actually writing to the hard drive.

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think lots of stuff will do this. Ultra Iso or Daemon Tools. Check out the FP. Be careful what drive letter you assign to it, I've made that mistake. ie not a drive you already use lol.

Someone will know for sure but I think theres many. ;)

edit. Is this the sort of thing you want to do? http://www.nsanedown.com/?request=15346980

I believe you are not looking for something that creates a CD/DVD image, but actually create a virtual drive (like daemon tools or something), which is writable. That is, any application that only writes to a CD/DVD without the facility to write a file. I use something like that in my home pc.. Not a freeware though. I just have to look up it's name. Will update this post within a couple of hours.

I believe you are not looking for something that creates a CD/DVD image, but actually create a virtual drive (like daemon tools or something), which is writable. That is, any application that only writes to a CD/DVD without the facility to write a file. I use something like that in my home pc.. Not a freeware though. I just have to look up it's name. Will update this post within a couple of hours.

ya

i need virtual cd/dvd writer

Edit-

I got

Phantom Burner which is working.

Archived