Don't Visit TK Domains!

Zeus_Hunt

The Internet is no longer a safe place and you all know that because the number of the sites that are containing malicious files is increasing every day. Although numerous Internet giants are fighting to eliminate the most dangerous pages, some pages are looking to distribute very dangerous threats. McAfee's SiteAdvisor released a research that reveals some important information about the websites located in every corner of the world.

According to McAfee's study, the countries that are storing the highest amount of malicious pages are Romania (.ro 5.6% risky sites) and Russia (.ru 4.5% risky sites). It seems like numerous sites from these countries were trying to infect the visitors by exploiting certain files sent through the connection. In comparison with these pages, the Government Agencies's pages (.gov) are the most secure because the security company identified no malicious pages. As you might know, the .gov domain is available only in the United States.

“A consumer is almost 12 times more likely to encounter a drive-by-download while surfing Russian domains as Columbian ones. Registering at a Web site in India results in a 4.3% chance of getting spammy e-mail. Taking the same action with a domain registered in China yields a 7.2% chance. Even though the Netherlands (.nl), Germany (.de) and the United Kingdom (.uk) are all relatively safe TLDs, ranking 31st, 33rd and 51st most risky, each of their TLDs account for more than 2 million clicks to red and yellow sites every month. Likewise Japan (.jp) is ranked 57th most risky and yet red and yellow rated .jp sites receive an estimated 1.6 million clicks each month,” McAfee reported in the advisory.

SiteAdvisor also reported that 5.2% of the Vietnamese websites contain malicious downloads, contrary to Singapore where only 0.5% offer risky downloads. The study sustained that Dutch risky sites are visited every month by 2.7 million of users while Russian and Columbian domains are also two of the countries that are offering malicious files.

view.gif View: Original Article

• Replies 18
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bolt_Gundam510

i used to visit them sites with dot TK on the end. but after reading that i think i'll stick with good web sites that i trust and wont get drive by downloaded to death. :)

hehe, i should b proud, my country is 1st!!! :)

but

still i dont get where from the .tk stuff - it does not appear 1nce in the article

hehe, i should b proud, my country is 1st!!! :)

but

still i dont get where from the .tk stuff - it does not appear 1nce in the article

Actually, both are right. Yes its not in the text of the article, but if you go to the MAIN article page, there is an graphic that shows a chart with .tk (Tokelau) as the highest by a huge dominance. So its in there.

Perhaps there is a way to route block the .tk domain, maybe using the hosts file. But at very least, firewalls should allow for blocking it, if people are really concerned. The Internet is getting more dangerous, but a good antivirus and firewall program is extremely helpful (and are available to everyone, so there is no excuse to be without them).

Hah.... nsane + javascript == luv it!

and

No, .gov was made for the USA like .mil, at least thats how it has always been.

Fr.jack hackett

.gov soz also the government here in Great Britain also has .gov.uk also. I should know ;-) you know. :-)

Escobarretje
nah, just a lil javascript that breaks their frame setup :(

Wow, thats great. Can you plz give me the code? :)

yeah, i might aswell post it here...

set each domain's ad type to framed and add this inside the

tag of your site...

<script type="text/javascript">if(window!=window.top){top.location.href="index.php";}

it should break your site out of any page that tries to frame you :)

kickme.to, cjb.net, dot.tk, no-ip.org, etc, etc.

Archived