Virtualbox etc

avmad

• Replies 29
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Full screen Ubuntu is looking pretty good :D Next to see if I can get a dvd to play tomorrow. :rolleyes:

I crashed my first real installation of Ubuntu.. trying to get a CD to play.. I was installing stuff like crazy .. LOL

OH and BTW.. you have to change settings to use the Hosts drive as the drive in your VM..

BTW.. the VM from ORACLE was a complete FAIL.. So tommorrow I MIGHT try to download a full ISO for the OS.. What I was seeing of it I didn't like though.. was very NT-ish.. but it may have just been the first screens that took forever to come up.. don't know.. Might wait and see if ORACLE has anything new to offer eventually.. not looking good for Solaris at this point..

• Administrator

Two days ago, I wasted about an hour on a failed Kubuntu installation. :(

Took so much time saying downloading language files etc.

Will try again later.

Some others nice distros are Opensuse, Fedora and PCLinuxOS. Others not much popular but that I liked is Sbayon (gentoo based), Scientfic Linux (recompiled Red Hat Enterprise Linux, co-developed by Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory and the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN)), Pardus ( funded and developed by the Scientific & Technological Research Council of Turkey) and the the new LInux Mint based in debian (rolling release like PClinuxOS)

@DK27

Is Opensolaris... now illumos

More information at http://anonymz.com/?http://www.illumos.org/

Regarding the "saying downloading language files etc" I always disconnect from internet while installing to this not occur. I don't have sure for what it's, but looks liek not make difference downloading or no.

PsychoticxBloodxLust

depends on what you want to run you can google vmware, vbox are commonly used

what tools and or programs do i need 2 run os's in a virtual enviroment? tia! -peace ;)

Archived