Uninstall WMP and Internet Explorer

Djurba

hey guys !!! How to uninstall windows media player and internet explorer in windows 7 x 64 , and can I do that without making some sort of malfunctions to my system .

• Replies 7
  • Views 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey guys !!! How to uninstall windows media player and internet explorer in windows 7 x 64 , and can I do that without making some sort of malfunctions to my system .

Impossible!

you can can uninstall, but sooner or later will be problems, simply specify every single function of those to be associated with dedicated different apps- no worries! (as you installing them), later you can specify by file association changing) and you'll have a system, like those dont exist

Oh i see . I was googling about this and i found some article about that it can be done in windows 7 , but I wanted to see what nsane crew think about that

Oh i see . I was googling about this and i found some article about that it can be done in windows 7 , but I wanted to see what nsane crew think about that

I've done so on XP- since dont use WMP or IE ever anyway and running Win7 simply dont touch them for that reason...

You could be right about Win7, but my $0.02ct not to bother... FIY I could be wrong as specifically for 7

From my knowledge you cant uninstall it but you can turn them off as there features of Windows 7.

Typing Features on the start bar and select 'Turn Windows Features On And Off' There you will see Internet Explorer 8 and un-check it and restart.

AFAIK u cant uninstall em but yes disable these apps wel what can i say but let see whats "dcs18"says about this

Remember when you install something and configuring it , in internet connection it have the option: "use the same settings as internet explorer" ?? Some softwares autoconfigure to access internet based in IE settings ( direct connection.. proxy..) so not sure if is good remove it... maybe cause misbehaviour... but it's just a thought.

There is a windows versions that already come without IE not is (the N versions?)

Archived