HTTPS everywhere

majithia23

HTTPS Everywhere is in Beta!

HTTPS Everywhere is a Firefox extension produced as a collaboration between The Tor Project and the Electronic Frontier Foundation. It encrypts your communications with a number of major websites.

Many sites on the web offer some limited support for encryption over HTTPS, but make it difficult to use. For instance, they may default to unencrypted HTTP, or fill encrypted pages with links that go back to the unencrypted site.

The HTTPS Everywhere extension fixes these problems by rewriting all requests to these sites to HTTPS.

Firefox users can get it by clicking here: HTTPS everywhere

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah I just came across this on another site. Have you been using it? Anyone else tried it out? Looks interesting, but is it needed if your already using Tor?

Some sort of error even downloading it..

When using Tor/Vidalia.. It is also important to use the browser plugin.. AND I also suggest using Honey Ports to block other information from being data-mined from your computer.. by redirecting those ports in which the information is divulged on.. I recommend using it versus blocking these ports from ever communicating as this can cause issues with the proper function of your system.. and online services as well..

What the hecks Honey Ports? :rolleyes: On a side note I've been having fun playing around. I've set up Pale Moon browser with Bing, added a hundred Firefox add ons (came in a pack) deleted what I really didn't want, and had a play with the others :D

So my busy page is now showing Tor Enabled, Google Sharing Enabled and Foxy Proxy Patterns. Along with all kinds of script blockers etc :D Weird thing is its actually running pretty fast ^_^ Maybe they've cancelled each other out lol. Fun way to spend a couple of hours :beta:

Archived