HIPS?

elohelomg

With my favorite Malware Defender going through changes i do not like (and not being supported as well), im looking into new HIPS products. I like Comodo, but, something about it being free just bugs me, but for the time being, I am using its D+ and firewall.

What other alternatives are there? I was browsing some forums, and read spyware shelter does something of the sort.

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What kind of changes are you talking about? I'm using the latest beta release and it works much better than the previous versions.

Malware Defender was just recently bought by a new vendor "Qizhi Software (beijing) Co. Ltd.", they chosen to make Malware Defender an unlimited freeware.

All versions prior to 2.7.0 are commercial trialwares. I'm using 2.7.2 Beta you can get it here- http://down.360safe.com/md_setup_en.exe

Thanks.:)

Another one is Online Solutions Security Suite. I used only one beta sometime ago for a limited time, only to "feel it". I not throwed nothing malicious or tested it throughly, but so far it looks good, informative popups, even beta not caused noticiable slowdown in the machine. The only bad thing I have to report about it is a "unprofissional" (in my opnion) behavior in another forum when Online Armor is in process to be sold to Emsisoft and one of the guys from Online Solutions offered a change between a online armor license for a online solutions suite license.

Spyshelter as you said is a Anti-keylogger with some HIPS-like habilities; Another example is Zemana Anti-keylogger. There is a HIPS-like module at Spyware Terminator too, but I cannot comment since i never tried.

@elohelomg:

I've been using COMODO for a long time. However, I'm cautious of every first major release.

Up to now, I'm still using COMODO v3.14 because v4.x seems buggy to me and v5.x is still in RC.

If you want alternatives, you can always try Online Armor or Outpost. Choose your pick.

There's also Online Solutions Security Suite, I have no experience about this program though.

The only thing I know is that it gets 100% on CLT. Other than that, nothing.

Online Solutions Security Suite is the most close to Malware Defender and more powerful. It has very good support too with an active forum.

What kind of changes are you talking about? I'm using the latest beta release and it works much better than the previous versions.

Malware Defender was just recently bought by a new vendor "Qizhi Software (beijing) Co. Ltd.", they chosen to make Malware Defender an unlimited freeware.

All versions prior to 2.7.0 are commercial trialwares. I'm using 2.7.2 Beta you can get it here- http://down.360safe.com/md_setup_en.exe

The previous releases had options to manually change all, and single rules for applications. Now, its change all, or change non.

All versions prior to 2.7.0 are commercial trialwares. I'm using 2.7.2 Beta you can get it here- http://down.360safe....md_setup_en.exe

The previous releases had options to manually change all, and single rules for applications. Now, its change all, or change non.

I still don't understand what you are talking about, are you using 2.7.2 beta? because I'm able to manually change each process rule for application, network and registry.

Could you provide a screenshot?

+1 for OSSS !!! (used Comodo too before. I don't like the v4)

Look at in the "Coders Corner". We are requesting it. :rolleyes:

here

I putted some informations about it (test results !)

++

PS: Add your vote if you want it !!! :)

The new version of online armor (the first by emsisoft) added the paid web shield feature to the free version, a good motive to give it a run.

Archived