IE 9 UI revealed?

nsane.forums

nsane.forums

Whilst Neowin has been showing off and awarding Internet Explorer 9 concepts, long-time Microsoft journalist Mary Jo Foley (ZDNET) appears to have come across the real thing. We’re now around 20 days out from the expected launch date for the IE9 beta, but it seems that Microsoft Russia have gotten a little ahead of themselves and posted an official screenshot of IE9. Neowin has confirmed this screenshot is real through sources familiar with Microsoft's plans.

10ruuxk.jpg

The site has since been pulled (of course), so the above screenshot is all you'll get for now. The screenshot doesn’t feature a date/time, but it does show off the ‘new’ IE9 icon in the taskbar. Although it’s always hard to trust an online translator, Mary has found out the following:

• Tabs can be ‘torn off’, and possibly ‘snapped’ via Windows 7's Aero Snap feature.
  • Dragging a ‘pin’ from the address bar creates a link on your taskbar.
  • There’s a combined search and address bar (as with Google’s Chrome).
  • IE9 only has one menu, consolidating the six menus found in IE8.

Although suggested sites appears to be missing, along with a few other icons we’ve been used to seeing along the top of an IE browser window, there still appears to be home, favorites and settings buttons in the top right-hand corner of the window.

Like it or hate it, this one definitely seems to be on the money. It’s simpler, as we’ve been promised, and the design fits in well with what Microsoft has been putting out lately. Can you wait 20 days?

view.gif View: Original Article

• Replies 11
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I think its a nice UI. The fact bing is used makes it less appealing though.... :rolleyes:

even if they comeup with a stunning interface,what about the speed and responsiveness,they should really work on that..lol :lol:

i currently us chrome,with firefox as backup,loaded and ready with bookmarks and stuff ^_^

i currently us chrome,with firefox as backup,loaded and ready with bookmarks and stuff ^_^

Same thing here. Using Xmarks for bookmarks, Lastpass for passwords and the browser inbuilt syncing for the rest ;).

I used to complain about IE and others not having a big back button, but this UI of IE9 does have a big back button! For this reason alone I'm gonna give it a test drive when the beta is released. :lol:

I used to complain about IE and others not having a big back button, but this UI of IE9 does have a big back button! For this reason alone I'm gonna give it a test drive when the beta is released. :lol:

Seriously the back button is your winning feature....

4th button on mouse? backspace? alt + left? you have none of these to hand?

On topic - i like the design - its an improvement. But it has no other decent features to speak of and no ad-block.

There just following the style that everyone is going for.

Just at least its better looking than the IE8.

Still wont use it.

I hope it does well. Forgive me for being pro microsoft. :lol:

I do use Firefox at the moment... but I am trying to persuade myself to jump ship to chrome.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived