Firefox Search Fix

Duzaki

Hey mates. :) I don't know how but, the Bing Bar got installed onto my system. :think: It was installed in both IE and FF. I uninstalled it but, my FF's default search isn't Google anymore, it's Bing! :mad2: So, whenever I type something in the address bar it leads to a Bing search. That's very annoying! How can this be fixed, mates?

• Replies 8
  • Views 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Type about:config in your URL bar, press 'I'll be careful.', type 'keyword.URL' (without the quotes) in the filter bar and then edit that setting to 'http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=navclient&gfns=1&q=' (without the quotes). That should fix it :)

Type about:config in your URL bar, press 'I'll be careful.', type 'keyword.URL' (without the quotes) in the filter bar and then edit that setting to 'http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=navclient&gfns=1&q=' (without the quotes). That should fix it :)

Worked perfectly, thanks mate! :)

Didn't need to try but, I would have tried, had what shought said, not worked. Thanks. :)

EDIT: Btw, the thread can be closed now (if needed), mates. :)

@DKT

That setting only applies to the search bar on the top right, the URL bar 'search function' doesn't 'listen to' this setting ;)

@Duzaki

Glad it worked :)

(No need to close the thread though, we're not really the 'thread closing kind of forum' :P (whatever that might be, lol))

Hmmm....with this in mind, I have a question:

When my home page is loading(which is Yahoo)...the cursor move to Yahoo search engine instead when I have it on the Google toolbar.

It's irritating when you are typing something on the Google toolbar.

Funny thing is, this doesn't happen on IE8.

Any idea how to solve this little problem?

I remember it's a setting somewhere to make the cursor move to the 'default input' of a website ;)

(Don't think you have to look for it in about:config though...)

I remember it's a setting somewhere to make the cursor move to the 'default input' of a website ;) (Don't think you have to look for it in about:config though...)

Need to put this line:user_pref("capability.policy.default.HTMLInputElement.focus", "noAccess"); in "prefs.js" file, got it done and now its fine.

Archived