Lightest firewall

Djurba

What s a lightest firewall outhere ? I need somethin really , really ,really light , only to configure rules for applications, .and I dont want to use windows firewall , and nsane front paged firewalls . I dont need any kind of advanced protection,

• Replies 11
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're using M$'s operating systems like Windows Vista or 7, the built in firewall is enough for you. You may have a look at Windows 7 Firewall Control.

Sl@pSh0ck™

try private firewall ... but if you want the lightest, windows firewall is your best bet (I am using it and no qualms about it)

The lightest firewall is Windows default firewall, the lightest personal firewall is Look 'n' Stop or Softperfect

Firewalls with HIPS (Comodo, Online Armor, Privatefirewall, ZoneAlarm, Outpost, PC Tools Firewall Plus) will be heavy on most systems.

But provide better anti-leak protection.

Thanks.:)

Look n Stop Firewall to go..,

a pure firewall

only to configure rules for applications

+1

The lightest firewall is the one that ships with your router - the hardware firewall. However, I do appreciate the responses of all previous posters with reference to the software firewalls pointed out. :yes:

you should use OnlineArmor firewall, its really efficient, comes with a strong HIPS and it only takes 10mb of ram

You cann add something like norton DNS and Clearcloud DNS for more protection.

^^

With modern computers consisted of 3-4 GB of RAM, I don't think it is relevant how much RAM is consumed to evaluate the lightness. The main thing that anyone should look is the disk load (I/O)

Archived