Slow FireFox

bigjohn

My FF is very slow to start and general performance compared to Opera and Chrome. Someone told me Flash 10 slows down FF and I should change to Flash 9. Does anyone have a solution for this.

Windows XP Pro, 1.5GB ram. P4 2.66GHz CPU.

Thanks for reading

John

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another good way to watch out for issues within FF and to get to run as efficiently as possible is to open the Error Console on a fresh start and look to errors and warning that indicate problems with some of the extensions.. Extensions which cause issues can slow down FF and even create issues when browsing.. Keeping them minimalistic to specific extension that you only need or extensions which can take the place of several others and do the same job is usually a better choice .. IF the extensions are better than the previous..

Plugins are an area you should keep an eye on as well, some may have to manually removed...

in some cases it is MANN!! just look under the hood MAN!! just look will ya' mmmm k -peace :hehe flash yer blank at me agian man!!! no not that foolish buzzness man! no not that i win nsane member of the since 05' =>

PS: i smoke 40x saliva sorry guys :?

Some of the stuff you type is so incoherent - I suspect you use an organ other than the finger to . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :unsure:

Archived