AV-Test.org Certifications 2010/Q2 results

someone

During the 2nd quarter of 2010 we have tested 19 security products in the areas protection, repair and usability. The "Protection" covers static and dynamic malware detection, including real-world 0-Day attack testing. In case of "Repair", we check the system disinfection and rootkit removal in detail. The "Usability" testing includes the system slow-down caused by the tools and the number of false positives. A product has to reach at least 12 points total in order to receive a certification. 13 products have fulfilled our requirements and received an AV-Test certificate. The test reports can be found here:

http://anonymz.com/?http://www.av-test.org/certifications

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Panda results are impressive. In av-comparatives good results too (some false positives only). Will look for the next cloud free version. The current one have some annoying bugs. Kaspersky did a good job too. I expected more from avast. Other that showed a good result (at last comparing with Avira and Avast) is Microsoft Security Essentials.

Panda results are impressive. In av-comparatives good results too (some false positives only). Will look for the next cloud free version. The current one have some annoying bugs. Kaspersky did a good job too. I expected more from avast. Other that showed a good result (at last comparing with Avira and Avast) is Microsoft Security Essentials.

Wow, those numbers are completely nonsensical. I do virus cleanups all the time and find these results to be far away from real world reality. For instance, Kaspersky and Norton have the same impact on system resources that MSSE does???

Panda is in the top 3 for malware detection??????????? LOL.

I cannot tell you how many times I have had to remove those big and sluggish AV suites from infected systems and then clean up the mess using free programs. Ridiculous.

Wow, those numbers are completely nonsensical. I do virus cleanups all the time and find these results to be far away from real world reality. For instance, Kaspersky and Norton have the same impact on system resources that MSSE does???

Panda is in the top 3 for malware detection??????????? LOL.

I cannot tell you how many times I have had to remove those big and sluggish AV suites from infected systems and then clean up the mess using free programs. Ridiculous.

Personal experience easily change from one person to another. What run easy on my pc can slow your machine. I'm just commenting the results of the tests. Just it. I no doubt about your experience in cleaning up machines.... but you cannot generalize. There is many factors that can change the detections, based in areas for example... if a AV is based in russia lets say, and the majority of users is from EUA/Europe, it can provide awesome protection in that region... but have a poor perfomance in protecting against malwares circulating only in India. See the Rootik.tmphider (the lnk exploit) for example. The first one to detect it as VBA (VirusBlokAda).

If I can ask you, what AV's you think is best so?

Norton changed so much and is definately the best to me (compared to the "old Norton" few years ago).

Updates are flawless and snappy!

I'd never use panda AV no matter how good it is, I just hate that stupid panda icon and logo. :tooth: Can't handle seeing that panda face all the time.

I think I will try out G-DATA AntiVirus 2011 though.

I'd never use panda AV no matter how good it is, I just hate that stupid panda icon and logo. :tooth: Can't handle seeing that panda face all the time.

They really need change that icon auhhauhuahuauha.

Archived